ashwin

I am running windows 7 home premium 32-bit on a dell inspiron 1525( intel core2duo 2.0Ghz, 3gb ram). when i open help and support from start menu, i get the following screen:

Link Removed due to 404 Error.

It shows strange content. Additionally,it shows 'no result found' for whatever topic i search for. please help!!!

Update: I tried the solution suggested Link Removed. It solved the problem to an extent. Now the Help and Support home page looks normal. But I still dont get any search results.It shows no results found.

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like you are facing issues with Windows 7 Help and Support on your Dell Inspiron 1525. While you were able to fix the appearance of the Help and Support home page, you are still encountering the problem of no search results being returned. Here are a few steps you can try to address this issue:

Steps to Fix Windows 7 Help and Support Search Issue​

1. Rebuild the Index:
    • The search function in Help and Support relies on an index of topics. Rebuilding the search index might resolve the issue.
    • To rebuild the search index, you can go to Control Panel > Indexing Options > Advanced > Rebuild.
    []Check Windows Search Service:
    • Ensure that the Windows Search service is running.
    • To...
It seems like you are facing issues with Windows 7 Help and Support on your Dell Inspiron 1525. While you were able to fix the appearance of the Help and Support home page, you are still encountering the problem of no search results being returned. Here are a few steps you can try to address this issue:

Steps to Fix Windows 7 Help and Support Search Issue​

1. Rebuild the Index:
    • The search function in Help and Support relies on an index of topics. Rebuilding the search index might resolve the issue.
    • To rebuild the search index, you can go to Control Panel > Indexing Options > Advanced > Rebuild.
    []Check Windows Search Service:
    • Ensure that the Windows Search service is running.
    • To check this, type "services.msc" in the Start menu search box, locate "Windows Search" in the list of services, and make sure it is set to "Automatic" and running.
    [
    ]Check System Files:
    • You can also run the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupted system files that may be affecting the search functionality.
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run: sfc /scannow.
    []Run Troubleshooters:
    • Windows 7 includes built-in troubleshooters that can detect and fix various issues. You can run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to see if it identifies any problems.
    [
    ]Create a New User Account:
    • Sometimes, user profile corruption can cause search issues. Creating a new user account and testing the search function there can help determine if the issue is user-specific.

Additional Notes​

• If none of the above steps resolve the issue, there may be a deeper issue with the Help and Support feature. In such cases, you might consider upgrading to a newer version of Windows that is still supported, as Windows 7 reached its end of support.
      • Backing up important files before making significant changes is always recommended.
      Try these suggestions and see if they help in resolving the search problem in Windows 7 Help and Support. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you encounter any issues during the troubleshooting process.

Solution
Back