Windows 7 Windows 7 Home Basic

somedude

I live in the Philippines, and after reading the article below, and inquiring in the local computer shop in our area, I chose to buy a new windows 7 home basic

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I was fully expecting that my copy of windows 7 home basic is 32-bit and 64-bit capable as indicated in the above link, and as advertised below.

see link below
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic BOX Full Product - Asianic.com.ph
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Is there a legal way of upgrading to 64-bit home basic? As sadly I bought the home basic thinking it will support 64-bit.

Hello, welcome to Windows 7 Forums :)

I'm surprised you were able to purchase Home Basic, as it's only for sale to OEM's - The easiest way would be to go get a refund, and purchase Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Hello, welcome to Windows 7 Forums :)

I'm surprised you were able to purchase Home Basic, as it's only for sale to OEM's - The easiest way would be to go get a refund, and purchase Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

the phillipines is considered an emerging market so it is avialble there in retailers.

This is where I bought it from

The review there is by me (DD) giving a heads up on to others..

any idea how I could obtain that from microsoft? I actually email microsoft tech support they were pretty vague on their reply. (see below)
I wished they would be more clear about it. so there won't be confusion for us buyers.

Dear Jet,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Windows? 7 Home Basic, 64 bit capability.

To help resolve your issue, I suggest you go through the number of ways you can obtain technical information and support from our team.

A useful resource is the Knowledge Base on our website, where we have published a large collection of articles and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about our products. You can access it by going to;

Advanced Search

You can also go online and visit our Newsgroup to post your technical question at the following website, or alternatively chat with one of our Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs);

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Additionally if you have visited the above websites and if you do not find the answer that you are looking for or wish to discuss alternative support options, please call our Customer Services team on 0844 800 2400 . Our lines are open from 8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. These support options can also be viewed at;

Help and Support

Interested in knowing more about Windows? 7, please visit:

Many thanks for contacting us.

Kind regards,

RESHMA CHITRA
Customer Service Professional |Microsoft Customer Services

Dear Microsoft Customer Service,

I live in the Philippines, and after reading the article below, and inquiring in the local computer shop in our area, I chose to buy a new windows 7 home basic

I was fully expecting that my copy of windows 7 home basic is 32-bit and 64-bit capable as indicated,

see link below
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic BOX Full Product - Asianic.com.ph

I actually bought my copy from PCexpress (2nd link) and when I called up the technician there to specify my desire that they should install windows 7 home basic 64-bit, I was surprised to hear that the installer is 32-bit only,

After double checking the links above I was sure that the installer should also be 64-bit capable and I am disappointed especially with the misleading information in the internet as I was fully expecting the installer to be 32-bit and 64 bit installer as advertised in all the websites regarding windows 7 home basic. Since the windows 7 I bought in retail box was already opened, I could not return it anymore,

We hope the discrepancy between what is advertised about Windows Home Basic and what it actually is should be cleared up and I am still hoping against hope that my copy of Windows 7 Home basic can be 64-bit capable too.

try this link it is the microsoft store for the phillipines Link Removed - Invalid URL might want to call the number on the site too

If you'll check the microsoft store Philippines it also is misleading as it mentions 64-bit way too much.

Thanks, I will call them tomorrow (its night now in my country and they only accept office hours calls)

If you'll check the microsoft store Philippines it also is misleading as it mentions 64-bit way too much.

Thanks, I will call them tomorrow (its night now in my country and they only accept office hours calls)

No Problem yep call them tommorow and see what they say also make sure you record the reps name or id number if given or ask for it so if you do buy and you do not get 64 bit you could say well so and so siad it was 64 bit version also the rep must not have known the answer or was lazy cause the response looks like a general copy and paste from database.

yep it does.. either that or they do not know how to respond as they never encountered it before. thanks. hope tom. call will go ok.

I just want to give you guys an update,
I called Microsoft customer service last week, and they told me that Windows 7 Home Basic Full product is really just 32-bit, I sent them through email the links with misleading info and they say they will look into it. (though no action on it)

If you plan to use 64-bit, I suggest you buy Home Premium instead.

Back