Windows 7 windows 7 home premium

biffo1

Iv installed Windows 7 Home Premium but when i try activate it using my product key it always says product key is invalid. Can anyone help me with this problem?

#1 Where'd you get the product key.
#2 Where'd you get your Windows 7 Home Premium download.

Sounds like you have been mesing with the EI.CFG.
7 Beta , and the leaked builds, came as the Ultimate edition, by default. But I can see Connect offered a Home premium download. Although, if you tamper with the file above, you will be able to select the different options, the keys are Ultimate keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply Kyle, i got my home premium and product key from windows ecosystem in my windows connect. I don't understand why microsoft would put up a build with missing file. Il try mesing with the EI.CFG. and if it doesnt worl i may load Ultimate. Anyway, Thanks again.
Joe

Sounds like you have been mesing with the EI.CFG.
7 Beta , and the leaked builds, came as the Ultimate edition, by default. Although, if you tamper with the file above, you will be able to select the diffrent options, the keys are Ultimate keys.

Actually, the Technet version was Home Premium Enabled, and had valid keys sent out.
But yes, if the key doesn't work, you likely have an Ultimate key.

Slightly off topic but why would you choose Home Premium over Ultimate.

If you are doing any testing you'll probably want the remote features -- Home Premium disable RDP (Remote Desktop). - You can of course CONNECT to other computers as a Client but you won't be able to use your Home Premium installation as a "Server" -- you won't be able to remotely connect to it.

This might not be important but in testing I'd think you would want all the networking facilities to be available.

Incidentally to answer the question the ULTIMATE keys do work.

Cheers
jimbo

Not mine. I have mine from a Technet account and Connect. Both have different sets of keys. The only keys I have ever seen, on either site, one set of keys. The premium is certainly available for download, but no keys for that edition were provided (to me, anyway). Browsing the Technet forums, it has been stated there that the Ultimate keys should work with the Home premium.
They are all he same keys on connect, to all subscribers, so I have PM'd one of my first (32Bit) to you Biffo, to see if it compares.

Ok, Joe, I should be able to install the 32 bit in about 2 hours from now. , Ill post again after that and let you know if the keys worked for me.

Ok. Downloaded and installed. The Ultimate keys would not work.
So the bad news. i rang Microsoft local and it seems that the connect account (ecosystem) ,has been hacked and the access code to the account has been widely broadcast on the web. They have currently stopped the keys for the premium, whilst they close the hole. The ultimate keys are still available, as they were on the Public release, but will not activate premium.
So, for the moment, best you go with the Ultimate, which is much more satisfactory anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to stay with the Ultimate edition now, just wanted to try out the Home Premium edition. Now i know why it won't activate. Thanks a million for your help Dave.
Joe

Back