Windows 7 Windows 7 IE8 (64 bit) dosn't work

kiwipaul

Hi

I've got OEM version of W7 Pro 64 bit. I've had it about 2 months and everything is working fine except IE8 64 bit. I normally use Firefox so haven't been to concerned.

I'm now trying to figure out why my IE8 64 bit dosn't work. The IE8 32 bit works fine.

The error I get when I start IE8 64 is

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I've downloaded IE8-WindowsVista-x64-ENU and tried installing that but get the error

Internet Explorer 8 is not supported on this operating system.

I've checked in control panel system and it reports my o/s IS 64 bit.

Any ideas.

Use the Link Removed - Invalid URL

If everything turns out fine, try this method:

Under Control Panel -> Programs go to the left-side panel and select "Turn Windows features on or off"

Uncheck Internet Explorer 8, allow it to completely uninstall, and then restart the computer.

Repeat this process, but check Internet Explorer 8, to completely re-install the browser.

Was there ever a time when it worked? Otherwise, I suspect you may have a corrupt installation. I can confirm it works fine on nearly every 64-bit version of Windows. Have you tried running other 64-bit applications and do they work?

Use the Link Removed - Invalid URL

Ran this and examined 5,000 page log file and found iexplore.exe and various other files gave this error
"Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..-optional.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_8.0.7600.16385_en-us_09122aaf762607df\iexplore.exe.mui do not match actual file [l:32{16}]"iexplore.exe.mui" :
Found: {l:32 b:3sRhA9Ucf3JlXeE9FQQVwoTZcAM2OmXdsrEmMZ/BBbo=} Expected: {l:32 "
Whatever the hell that means

If everything turns out fine, try this method:

Under Control Panel -> Programs go to the left-side panel and select "Turn Windows features on or off"

Uncheck Internet Explorer 8, allow it to completely uninstall, and then restart the computer.

Repeat this process, but check Internet Explorer 8, to completely re-install the browser.
Did this and got same problem

Was there ever a time when it worked? Otherwise, I suspect you may have a corrupt installation. I can confirm it works fine on nearly every 64-bit version of Windows. Have you tried running other 64-bit applications and do they work?

IE8 64 bit has never worked but other 64 bit appp work fine.

Given up on IE8 downloaded IE9 64 bit and that works fine.

Thanks for the help never heard of SFC before and will remember for the future
[/QUOTE]

I have tried IE 9 and I like it but it is buggy. It does not work on my Tesco's website nor does it work on my bank account site.

Back
Top Bottom