Windows 7 Windows 7 Immediate Installing Issue

Raynall

I just recieved my Windows 7 upgrade kit from a Vista system. I popped in the disk and after clicking "Run" it told me to log in as an Administrator in order to proceed. I was all ready logged in so i tried to shut down and log back in. again, it told me the same message. Can anyone out there give me some advice? thank you

What type of upgrade are you doing, in-place or Custom? What versions of Vista and Windows 7 do you have? Are they both 32 or 64 bit.

Most folks recommend a Custom install, just in case. If you do that, make sure to back up all your data and settings.

Im currently working with a Vista home basic 32 bit and trying to upgrade to home premium windows 7. Is there something I should do with my administrator account to see if that helps? If I cannot get the disk to work, how do I do a clean install? I really dont have anything to save that is on the hard drive so i could go right into the process of installing.

it says : "Please log in using an account with administrator privleges before running the hp upgrade manager"

When you click on the start orb then your picture, what does it say about your status--administrator or something else?

Are you using a password?

Did you create an administrator account or a limited account?

Did this come with two disks?

I tried to load it up on safe mode and got the same response. Therefore, i skipped the inital disk and inserted the installation disk and it worked perfectly. I was nervous towards the end because they wanted me to re-insert the initial disk but that read perfectly as well when the time came. This process did take me 6 hours and 27 minutes but thank you guys for your time and concern.

Back
Top Bottom