Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation - Drivers Not Found

Tolerance

Hi guys, Tolerance here, new to the forums as some of you may notice. Anyways I'm trying to install Windows 7 ultimate package on a PC that previously had Windows Vista. I've already ran the Windows Adviser program, and my PC seems fine so i went ahead and tried to install. First i tried using a burned ISO file to a DVD, with this i made my primary boot device the DVD drive, and my setup started normally. But after i selected the language, then a custom installation, and was directed to select the driver in which Windows 7 would be installed on i would get an error that reads,

"No device drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers then click OK."

I've browsed these forums looking for someone with similar problems, and i did find them, and a lot of the threads were really annoying seeing as how so many people decided to reply with long irrelevant comments. Based on the answers from those threads I've tried burning the ISO file with a different burner (which was suggested often), but still with no prevail. So i was wondering if there was a problem with my system, or maybe my C: drive. If any additional information about my CPU is needed please tell me and i'll do what i can to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
We could use some addition info like were you vista 32 bit or 64 and win 7 (32bit or 64)?

are you running a RAID (or other HD controller) that requires a specific driver?

What specific driver is it asking for (HD, or video)?

I'am currently running a 32 bit windows vista, and i was installing windows 7 as x86 bit (32). And i'm not sure which i'm running as RAID or HD controller, and during the installation it did not specify what type of driver was needed.

I'am currently running a 32 bit windows vista, and i was installing windows 7 as x86 bit (32). And i'm not sure which i'm running as RAID or HD controller, and during the installation it did not specify what type of driver was needed.

Where did you get your win 7 image from?

I don't think it has an image, during the burn i did not add one, i wasn't sure if i was supposed to...not much a computer smarts guy here.

Downloaded from the site that the windows adviser program came from. Under my PC properties it said i could upgrade my PC to windows 7, and a link was there. And i'm going to re-install my windows vista version, seeing as how i really just wanted to clean my PC or erase everything.

you can download a recover disc for windows 7 , it wil include the same layout such as the instlal button however there is no setup, its just merely for the recover process i.e the recovery command prompt

Back