Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation freezes.

staticqt

Hi I am having problems installing windows 7. I am using the upgrade option rather than the custom installation because I do not want to install all my programs again once I have upgraded to windows 7, this is because of all the games I have on my computer and the time it would take to install them again. However I get to the final stages of the installation where the installer is transferring my applications and settings from the previous version of windows (which is Vista) to windows 7 the installation freezes, my mouse won't move either. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Here are my system specs:
Motherboard: Asus p6t deluxe
RAM: 6gb DDR3
Graphics: Geforce GTX 295
Processor: Intel core i7 920
Hardrive: 1TB

Hi I am having problems installing windows 7. I am using the upgrade option rather than the custom installation because I do not want to install all my programs again once I have upgraded to windows 7, this is because of all the games I have on my computer and the time it would take to install them again. However I get to the final stages of the installation where the installer is transferring my applications and settings from the previous version of windows (which is Vista) to windows 7 the installation freezes, my mouse won't move either. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Here are my system specs:
Motherboard: Asus p6t deluxe
RAM: 6gb DDR3
Graphics: Geforce GTX 295
Processor: Intel core i7 920
Hardrive: 1TB

Try burning some stuff to disk (like save points ect) and then clean it off your drive.. You then could try the upgrade again and hopefully with some stuff removed it might go through...

I'd Recommend doing a clean install. But Kemical might be right. Try reducing the load of the installer. - I mostly just crack my games and then they work without discs and work as portable games - though the game performence will be lower due to no registry entries

Back