Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation Problems Solved!

First things first. Brand new discovery!
Did you know that it's impossible not to backing-up and lose your old files during Windows 7 installation?
That's right! Microsoft contradicting it-self in the first steps of installation preparation step by step information.
At first they say that we should back-up our old files as they WILL BE deleted.
Then they practically force an option of where our old Windows files will be backed up into Windows.old folder.
So the folders such as "Users, Program Files, Windows ...etc" will be stored in Windows.old folder.
And any other files created by you that are stored in "C:\" directory will remain untouched!

So don't worry about upgrading or backing up anything, since Windows 7 does it all for you!
My advice, just go with a clean install and you'll be safer that way. Now back to business...

Have you ever experienced a really bad day with such as Windows 7?

Possible solutions for your headache have finally arrived:
We need to try almost everything possible in our powers to locate and solve the problems, right? :)
NOTE: I'm gonna do these steps backwards like if we don't really know how to solve this quick!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step1:
"Burning the ISO Image on a DVD!"
How do I burn it correctly?

How to:
Better use Nero Burning-Rom.
To make sure that you burn it correctly without errors
1. You must use a non-used before DVD disc regardless of R or RW type.
2. Choose the lowest burning speed possible. I used x4 speed, seemed to went fine.
Open the ISO* image in Nero and choose a low speed and only then insert the DVD disc!
In order to check for errors and do it readable, mark options such as Finalize Disc and Verify Written Data.
And under burning process check the status to verify if it is writing with the speed you set it to write with!
In order to make sure it will do that, click on the button Burn and quickly roll in the DVD disc in your DVD-Drive.
To make sure your disc has been burned correctly. Insert your disc in the dvd-drive and go to My Computer.
Over your DVD-Drive you should see a light-blue Windows package standing up with a small disc in front of it.
If you still experiencing problems burning it at a certain speed? Try other burning programs or read on...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem1:
"Boot Installation of Windows 7 made impossible?"

Windows has encountered problem communicating with device connecting to your computer.
Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

"or even such as": BOOTMGR Image is corrupt. System cannot boot.

Solution:
Unplug your USB devices etc...
Even maybe press DEL on boot to enter BIOS and disable some stuff there...
In Windows you also could enter your Device Manager and disable some stuff there...
But all that probably won't work! ;) So read on to find out the final solution...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem2:
"Can't even install Windows 7 directly from your current working Windows XP/Vista?"

Windows cannot copy files required for installation. Files may be corrupt or missing.
Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart installation.

Solution:
At this point we must assume IF you've done Step1 correctly?
Then we must assume that either you didn't or that your image may be a bit corrupt!
And that means you need t re-download it once more from the official Microsoft page!
If you having problems downloading from the official site? Try search other links or torrents...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step2:
You also just in case could make a DM5 hashsum check to make sure if it really isn't corrupt or modified!
Go here Hashsum: Link Removed - Invalid URL
The true MD5 hashsum of Windows 7000.0.081212-1400 is: f9dc e6eb d0a6 3930 b44d 8ae8 02b6 3825
If it doesn't match, then you may wanna do the solution to the Problem2 again, again and again!

Windows 7 Build 7000 x86
File Name: 7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso
File Size: 2.43GB (2,618,793,984 bytes)
MD5 Hash: f9dce6ebd0a63930b44d8ae802b63825
SHA1: 607118428B2156FF61CDC5260545CO78CCA31EE
CRC32: AABA5A48

Windows 7 RC Build 7100 x86
File Name: 7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD.iso
File Size: 2.35GB (2,530,975,744 bytes)
MD5 Hash: 8867C13330F56A93944BCD46DCD73590
SHA1: 7D1F486CA569EFFFFB719CFB48355BB7BF499712
CRC32: E8A1C394

Windows 7 RC Build 7100 x64
File Name: 7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD.iso
File Size: 3.04GB
MD5 Hash: 98341AF35655137966E382C4FEAA282D

Problem3:
"Still experiencing installation problems?"
After downloading ISO image from different locations you may still experience problems.

Solution:
To make sure to avoid any burning errors, you may try burn it on USB Flash Memory Stick.
Here I found a solution on how you can do just that! That is IF you have a 4gb memory stick.
www.blogsdna.com/2016/how-to-install-windows-7-from-usb-drive-without-windows-7-iso-dvd.htm
Otherwise you also could go for such as Virtual Drive/Disc installation and mount it with such as WinMount v3.2.0120.
Then try to run Win 7 both on boot with usb portable device or from Win XP/Vista from virtual disc.
If you think that those methods are too confusing, you may try and download WinRar 3.80 just extract it to a folder.
Just make sure to make WinRar to be your default prog for opening ISO files when re-installing WinRar and select ISO.

If all of these steps fails? Kill yourself!:\
OK, I'm kidding! Don't kill yourself over some sucky Beta Windows!?
I could understand if it was over a girl or a boy?.. But Windows? :D
Come on...! There is a final solution though! It's a secret, not for long though!
But it will require at least 2 HDD and one portable 1 HDD!
1 HDD with an installed Windows 7 and 1 HDD with any Windows installed on it!
That means you should ask or find someone willing to upload or copy for you a fresh copy of installed Windows 7!
(that someone could be me if I finally get it to install very soon... I'm still currently making backups of my old files..)
And 1 HDD or a portable device such as Flash Memory Stick of 9gb, and not 16gb like Microsoft want's you to believe!
Plug in both drives to same PC, on boot you can press F8 or F9 to choose a drive to boot from which must be old Win.
Enter the drive with a Win 7 on it and copy all Windows folders you can see onto P.FMS/3rd HDD.
After that procedure you can boot from any HDD Device that has Windows 7 folder in it!
You also can boot from Win 7 1st HDD and enter old Windows drive and replace it with Win 7 from 3rd HDD with.
You could also try some faster ways like www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-ways-to-clone-and-copy-your-hard-drive/
..or like how ever Win Installation makes a copy of your old Windows when installing it from old win on old win...
Just don't forget to change the registration serial number to your own to make it your own legal copy of Windows!

Now I'm not a computer geek, but some experience from life over the years you do gain indeed! :rolleyes:
If any of these steps worked or didn't work for you or maybe you're getting other errors? Let us all know!

Last edited:
May I just add on the subject of the 'wndows.old' folder; if you had already backed up your previous install (to Removeable Disk, or separate drive) and especially if you have used a 'dual-boot' configuration, you can 'delete' the windows.old folder and recover 20Gb of space.

Useful if you wish to make use of the space for other files :)

Indeed, very true, and also useful if you want to copy your Windows on the same harddrive when normally some windows files are write or copy protected. :) Nahh, don't do that unless you really have to or a pro! Because the reversing process might be a bit harder to do with 1 and only main harddrive. :D

Anyways, also I need to correct Microsoft ONCE AGAIN!
Installation of Windows 7 doesn't require 16gb, but less than 9gb actually!
That's almost half of what they say we'll need as MINIMUM. Total non-sense!
Don't believe everything that your read, but keep an open mind though!

Last edited:
Hi.
As you can see, I'm new here, but been reading this forum and I think you could help me.
You see, I have this laptop (a compaq, don't remember the model) with vista in it and a second partition form HP with all the stuff I need to reset the computer to factory defaults.
Well, that laptop had vista, but I chose to format that partition (previously saving my files and stuff on my desktop PC) and do a clean install of Windows 7.
As I was working on it I decided to make 3 partitions (4 altogether) just in case i decided to install Vista Again, and everything went smoothly, my laptop was running win 7 and I loved it!
but when I was installing stuff, it crashed and erased everything. Rebooted, and was empty. I mean, it does log in to windows but it has no programs installed. Not even the games!
I formated and reinstalled, but this happened once again. So, why this does happen?

hey guys i'm having issues installing windows7... i have a Compaq PresarioM2000 Laptop, i'm trying to install it and when it does "Starting up windows..." it comes up with a bsod, that says IRQL_ROOT something or other ... any ideas?

Installation Requirements

Hi, I have two questions. The first is; how will the RTM (final to public) edition have to be installed. Can it be installed over the RC as the beta was over Vista, or will it have to be more a repeat of the horrible situation with RC over Beta? I say horrible because in the full image backup i lost all traces of both Windows and Outlook, including all files and the address book in Outlook. Both of these were the 2007 version and I have been left essentially helpless. If it can go over the RC then things might not be so bad. Does anyone have any idea how I might recover any of those files? I would really appreciate the help. The backup was done onto a WD 160GB My Book hard drive and was about 60GB in size.

I would dearly hate to have something similar happen this time around, I'm just hoping that the RTM is close enough to the RC that a direct installation like the one from Vista will be adequate. Thanks. For the record I am very pleased with W7.

hehe

Hi, I have two questions. The first is; how will the RTM (final to public) edition have to be installed. Can it be installed over the RC as the beta was over Vista, or will it have to be more a repeat of the horrible situation with RC over Beta? I say horrible because in the full image backup i lost all traces of both Windows and Outlook, including all files and the address book in Outlook. Both of these were the 2007 version and I have been left essentially helpless. If it can go over the RC then things might not be so bad. Does anyone have any idea how I might recover any of those files? I would really appreciate the help. The backup was done onto a WD 160GB My Book hard drive and was about 60GB in size.

I would dearly hate to have something similar happen this time around, I'm just hoping that the RTM is close enough to the RC that a direct installation like the one from Vista will be adequate. Thanks. For the record I am very pleased with W7.

Well I don't think there are anyone yrt that have RTM besides Microsoft.
And therefor no one knows. And btw, if you want to make a real image backup, do it manually.
By booting from another Win with Win7 on a 2nd HDD and not copy, but convert and compress the whole Windows 7 folders into a zip/rar/7z or into whatever archive file format from your 2nd drive where you have your Win7 installed unto C drive of your current booted Windows or unto a 3d HDD. But that is if you are not using a Laptop PC.
If you are using a Laptop PC, then I'm not sure on how to make it boot from an external HDD or if it will even be possible to copy any files from the main HDD unto another external HDD. So can't help you much there. Then you'll have to do what you have to do mate.

Ok, I am new here and having an issue. I hope you all can help. I have an ISO burned to DVD. I insert disk, it opens and I get the window that asks install now or check compatability on line. I have already run the compatability manager and I am ok to install. I click install and it runs then I get an error

"Windows was unable to create a required installation folder. Please reconfigure your boot.wim file to use flag 9 settings for the first image, and restart your installation. Error code 0x8030002F

Google search is no help.

Error message installing Windows 7

Hello Vadim Cool (or some one else),

I Wanted to install the new Windows 7, but I got on error when installing.
The error is: Windows could not set the local offline information. Error code 0x80000001.

I already installed windows service pack 1. I've got a Dutch version of Windows vista, and I got the Dutch version of Windows 7.

Can somebody help me with this problem?
I already searched the web and google, but i couldn't find anything.

Greetz Mark

Ok, I am new here and having an issue. I hope you all can help. I have an ISO burned to DVD. I insert disk, it opens and I get the window that asks install now or check compatability on line. I have already run the compatability manager and I am ok to install. I click install and it runs then I get an error

"Windows was unable to create a required installation folder. Please reconfigure your boot.wim file to use flag 9 settings for the first image, and restart your installation. Error code 0x8030002F

Google search is no help.

i have the exact same problem.. anybody can tell us what to dooooooo ?? :<

Can you help me? : (

The final instance that shows completing installation shows an error, "windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computers hardware".
I've done usb burning and booting.
Both Upgrade and Custom.
Intel Centrino 2, Core2duo, 4Gb Ram, Vista home premium.
Can you help?
Google's a bitch, it's got nothing.
PLEAASEE!!!! help me!!
i don't think i have a faulty hard drive, i previously did but i'm done with the replacement...2nd of all, why wouldn't my pc support this 7 ultimate, home premium and basic?
Toshiba Upgrade assistance justifies "This model does not support upgrade to Windows 7".
Windows upgrade advisor displays BEHOLD the "Update available" for most drivers in my computer. And i've done all i can.
DO yoU have a solution to this problem????
i took it to the mechanics, but those bullshits won't fix it because i downloaded and illegal OS from the internet.
NTFS, 60Gb for custom install was done but i was unlucky to get the problem solved.
Vista setup utility at start up, i changed the SATA controller from there and setting it to "Compatibility" from "AHCI" mode but lost my boot up screen with a vista BSOD, Blue screen.....
I disabled USB Legacy mode and was unsuccessful.
I've tried all i can, is there anything else you can sujjest to this problem?
i don't think my ATI Radeon video card is causing the problem. Upgrade advisor did show "reinstall after upgrade", but it still doesn't fix the problem. PLEEAAASSEEE reply me as soon as you can, it's been a month...
My old computer works well on the first try, this one is much more latest than of that. I have no idea what else to say.

''Windows cant retrive information about disks on this computer'' this is the text i get when on screen appears ''setup is starting'' anyone knows what is the problem I tryed with drivers and something with virtual disk but still nothing.If someone can solve this he would be helping not just me but also a lot of other people.

windows 7 installation error

I've gotten windows 7 now that its out. I've tried installing the 32 and 64 bit versions, but neither installation has been successfull due to the same problem. The setup seems to run fine until then end when finalizing the installation. The Error cmd.exe; please insert disc into drive. I click try again, or continue, and it then shuts down. After this my asus laptop restarts and tries to run the windows vista setup from the recovery partition (the computer came with windows vista pre-installed).

Any ideas?

Hey i'm having a different problem when upgrading to windows 7 from Windows vista...after setup has finished copying files, and setup is about to start, an error message comes up saying "Windows cannot determine which language to install"...my computer is in English...so i'm really not sure what else i could possibly do...

Hey, I was trying to install Windows 7 and it'll get about halfway through the 'Expanding Files' stage (at about 44%) and will then freeze. The percentage won't change by 1% for hours, what can I do?

Having problems?

You could try to install the same Windows 7 disc or using the same installation method on other computers and see if it will work. Ask your friend if you and he has a laptop or insert your harddrive into his stationary PC if you and he has a stationary one.

And finally if all that fails, you have 3 choices.
1. Ask someone else for help, like your PC manufacturer.
2. Get a new PC with a pre-installed Windows 7.
3. Buy an original Windows 7 disc after you bought a new PC compatible with Windows Vista or 7.

Computers are getting more powerful and yet for the same price or even cheaper.
Just buy a new one... :p

Last edited:
I tried all the things described in the thread but nothing worked. I did find a solution for Windows 7 not installing! It seems I was having problems with the partitions. My main partition was set as E: not as C:. I tried using DISKPART to fix this, but couldnt since the pagefile is on E:. I couldnt format it either. So I had to use the Acronis Disk Director on a cd, booted from it and did as follows: Delete all partitions; create necessary partitions; format all partitions; set main partition (one that will have Windows 7) as active, and the rest primary( if planning on having dual or triple boot, set rest of pertitions as primary, if not, then logical is fine, or leave as primary). Apply changes. Main partition should be seen as C:, and active and primary partition. the rest are either primary or logical, but not active. Reboot PC. Load Windows 7 disc. Go to the part where it allows management of the partitions. Press Shift+F10, and enter DISKPART. List volumes and check if main partition is C:. If it is, continue with installation.

There are two choices of 3 letters that comes into my mind. Either WOW or LOL. Not sure which one I should use...:)
But I can imagine you had a long day...:D

I got problem while installing Windows 7.
I choose Format Drive C while setup progress (choosing where windows will installed on), but after format done, setup was stop with message "setup was unable to create a new system on partition or locate an existing system partition".
How I can solved this problem ?
[email protected]

I got problem while installing Windows 7.
I choose Format Drive C while setup progress (choosing where windows will installed on), but after format done, setup was stop with message "setup was unable to create a new system on partition or locate an existing system partition".
How I can solved this problem ?
[email protected]

Problem solved, must unpluged flashdisk n other external device

Back