Windows 7 Windows 7 installation

Mr Bigs

Hi everyone,

Am trying to do a clean install of windows 7 on a desktop. and it will not get pass the expanding process. these are the specs for the PC.

Bios Version ...EV91510A.86A.0482

Processor type Intel (R) Pentium (4)
Hyper - Threading Technology [Enable]
Processor Speed 3GHZ
System Bus Speed 800MHZ
System Memory Speed 533 MHZ

L2 cache Ram MB
Total Memory 4 GB
Memory Mode Dual Channel

Desktop Board Information:

Manufacturer Intel Corporation
Product ............... D915GEV
Version ................ AAcb3667- 702
Serial Number AZEV60404639

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mr Bigs

I cleaned it out again, I bought a new tube of thermal compound cleaned out the old one and replace with fresh compound.
Still the same issue. I have been trying for two weeks now and always the same result, I don't know what to do next.

Have you confirmed this is a CPU issue? Are you overheating in the BIOS? It could be a hard disk compatibility issue, RAM, or even video graphics (unlikely... this will appear when the install finishes).

Try memtest86 upon resolving the CPU issues. Run this program it has the potential to save you hours of agony.

I've seen a few people had good ram but had to install Windows with just one stick of ram. After the install they added the rest back and it was OK.
Joe

I tried removing the memory left one gig, tried it with a stick two still the same thing.

I am at a lost right now

Is this install from an actual MS disk or a downloaded ISO? If you burn the ISO faster than 4X it can cause problems.
Joe

Is this a commercial built PC like from Dell? Could it need some third party driver? I can't think of much else.
Joe

There is a NO BOOT troubleshooting page from Intel for this board and a possible BIOS update for this motherboard, which is almost unheard of for Intel releasing that type of update. Usually that is left for manufacturers: Support for the Intel® Desktop Board D915GEV

Seeing this is a Pentium 4 system, thus much older, you may be encountering some compatibility problem.

Back