Windows 7 Windows 7 Issue with Pioneer Blu-Ray Writer

michaellee01011

Hello everyone,

I need help, i have Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate Edition and for some reason my Pioneer Blu-Ray writer (12x Blu-Ray Disc Writer BDR-205) won't recognize as a DVD-Rom or BD-Rom on "My Computer" it displays as a "CD-Rom".

I not 100% sure if the problem is with Windows or with Pioneer Blu-ray writer.

I know 100% that when i had Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Edition it worked fine meaning;

- Insert Blu-ray disc the movie auto plays start "PowerDVD 10" and at "My Computer" when i right click on the ROM drive and it has an option that shows i can play in "PowerDVD 10".

A couple of weeks ago i bought a new HDD along with Windows 7 32bit, at the start it works fine because i've been using my old DVD-ROM (Samsung), but occasionally i switch to my Blu-ray Writer and watch Blu-ray movies. Like i said at the start i'm not 100% sure what the problem is but i do know when the problem started. It's when i installed "Microsoft Security Essentials" and inserted my "backup disc = which was on a DVD disc that i made (software programs, articles, pictures, etc...) once i inserted the disc "Microsoft Security Essentials thought it as some virus program and asked me what should i do, and for the first time i selected to clean computer -----> apply action which was remove.

I didn't really notice anything wrong until i inserted a DVD movie, this is when i found out that at "My Computer" it displays as CD-ROM and when i right click on the ROM with the movie inside, it doesn't show any "Play with" or Play with Windows Media Player".

I can click on the ROM and go into the folder with the movie files.

I also know that when i use "AnyDVD" or HandBrake" it stills displays my Pioneer Blu-ray writer and also i have checked "device manager" and the driver says CD-ROM.

please help

But every

According to Pioneer, there is no compatability issue with the drive on Windows 7 x32 http://tinyurl.com/2vc74k7

So the issue must be with something on your computer.

First try something simple:

• Click on the Start menu and type devmgmt.msc within the “Start Search” box and issue the Enter key.
  • Expand the "DVD/CD-ROM drives".
  • Just make a right click on the blu-ray drive, and then choose "Uninstall" option.
  • Reboot.
If that doesn't work try:

Modify the Registry

1. Click on Start menu and type regedit in the "Start Search" text box and then issue the ENTER key.

2. move to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click on the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} record, select "Export" and then after choose Desktop in the Save in box and type the name of the file of backup and then click on the Save to make the permanent changes.

4. Highlight the key as ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane and then after check out if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are available there. If yes then please make a right click on the values and choose the "Delete" option to remove them out.

5. Reboot the computer

If all the above doesn't work, get back to us.

According to Pioneer, there is no compatability issue with the drive on Windows 7 x32 http://tinyurl.com/2vc74k7

So the issue must be with something on your computer.

First try something simple:

• Click on the Start menu and type devmgmt.msc within the “Start Search” box and issue the Enter key.
  • Expand the "DVD/CD-ROM drives".
  • Just make a right click on the blu-ray drive, and then choose "Uninstall" option.
  • Reboot.

If that doesn't work try:

Modify the Registry

1. Click on Start menu and type regedit in the "Start Search" text box and then issue the ENTER key.

2. move to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. Right click on the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} record, select "Export" and then after choose Desktop in the Save in box and type the name of the file of backup and then click on the Save to make the permanent changes.

4. Highlight the key as ({4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}), on the right pane and then after check out if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are available there. If yes then please make a right click on the values and choose the "Delete" option to remove them out.

5. Reboot the computer

If all the above doesn't work, get back to us.

Thanks for your suggestion :)

Recently it happen again and this time i think i narrowed it down to virtual clone. Since i have a Blu-ray writer and i use a virtual clone hdd as well that's when microsoft security essentials detects anything that it loaded with the Pioneer Blu-ray writer. But when i remove the virtual clone, everything seems fine.

Is there a way to keep both virtual drive and pioneer writer?

BTW thank you for your previous effect

zvit, thanks for your advice above, removed both filter values and device manager picked up drive on reboot, works 100% :)

Back