Windows 7 windows 7 keeps freezing

andywozere

Everything was going well until about a month ago when for some reason it decided to start freezing...kernel power issue, so I tried a clean boot and that hasn't worked and nor has running in safe mode. I'm running win 7 64bit ultimate, motherboard Gigabyte GA 990FX UD5, GTX 750i gpu, 4 sticks of corsair vengence, AMD 9590 processor and I've tried a clean boot, that froze the pc after about 5 minutes, I've tried safe mode, that lasted a little longer but still the same result. I tried doing repairs, that didn't work and I've tried adding bits of hardware at a time and it still froze, so I'm at my wits end now. I even tried upgrading to win 10...it still happened. The only thing I can see in the event viewer is that it is a 41 kernel problem, its taken 3 attempts to write this and I've had to finish it off with my laptop :( Oh and I've tried swapping my memory around

My latest problem....
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WMI

[ Guid] {1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}

[ EventSourceName] WinMgmt

- EventID 10

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-01-31T10:19:06.000000000Z

EventRecordID 1709

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0

[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer home-PC

Security
-
EventData

//./root/CIMV2

SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99

0x80041003

Last edited:
Andy have you checked CPU temp? Let's rule out overheating as an issue and move on from there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

whilst the pc is running windows installs which includes a kernel mode item its running at no more than 15 centigrade,that's odd its now 32...and the pc has frozen again...I've opened up firefox which we know is a drain on resources but cpu temp is in low 20's

Last edited:
OK temps sound fine. Another thing to try. Boot to the BIOS and load optimised defaults. Then if available set the memory profile to xmp. Profile 1 should do if there are more than one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'll give it a go after the 200 odd updates are done and let you know what happens. Doesn't seem to be an option for xmp but I have loaded optimised defaults and will see what happens. It would seem that loading the optimised defaults has done the trick but don't mark it down as resolved just yet......many thanks nmsuk

Last edited:
It would seem if malwarebytes or avast anti virus is running my pc freezes but if they aren't running it seems to be running fine....so far but this doesn't help me protect my pc

Yes, I tried to have it running on its own....pc didn't like it, started freezing as soon as malwarebytes was active

Ok thats weird. I have a similar system to yours. Have you tried downloading seatools and doing a full disk error scan. But before that open a command prompt (admin) and run sfc /scannow. If it finds problems but can't fix them in the same prompt run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. Let it do it's thing and then run sfc /scannow again.

Thats a good sign that windows does have corrupt files. Can you run the dism to, see if it finds anything

Ok thats not going to work. I'm going to blame autopilot as I just went all windows 8 and 10. I'm just about to cook but shall think about the problem while doing so and shall post later.

Pc is still freezing up....might have to try replacing the ud5 mobo with the ud3....it means I lose 2 sata ports but it might work...then again it might not and that would have been a waste of my time swapping them over :( ah poo!

***Update***

I can't use VLC or WMP to watch films as it freezes the pc but I can use the classic player. I've got rid of Avast and gone back to using Comodo. Last night when watching stuff on the classic player it never froze once. This is baffling me and it must be you. The GPU drivers are upto date via the Geforce Experience. Apart from that I've done nothing to the pc...I played far cry primal for about 20 minutes before the pc froze so I gave up playing. I need to check some other software today and I'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Back