Windows 7 Windows 7 network adapter requires disabling and re-enabling

nazrog

Hi.

My appologies if this is a repeat thread, but I could not find a solution to this problem. From browsing this and other forums in seams there are quite a few complaints similar tio this one.

The problem is.... My network adapter needs to be disabled and re-enabled regularly. It is not periodic (eg. somtimes i have to do this every few minuets, sometimes every few hours.

What happens is that everything works normaly, then randomly everything stops, and after a min or so an error appears in the 'Networking and Sharing Centre' as shown in attatchment...

It works fine everytime I boot, but then when I start using it CAN stop working.

I'm using Windows 7 build 7100 with an NVidia Networking Adapter. When I check, it retains its IP Address, but won't ping it. I have also disabled IPv6 in an attempt to stop the problem with no success.

It is absolutly infuriating. I am seriously considering reverting back to Vista, which I upgraded from as I NEVER had a problem with that.

Any help anyone could provide will be extremely helpful. Many thanks, and sorry about the awful spelling.

I get a similar problem on just one of my Win7 installs.
Almost the same problem - but if I disable the network card, then re-enable it - everything works all day.
I don't have an answer. Sorry

Mine doesn't randomly stop working (though it randomly slows the speed down), but requires similar action after waking up from power save mode. And I have disabled the "allow windows to turn this device of to save power".

Had the same problem, after installing updates of the Realtek driver from Windows update. Rollback the driver, worked fine ! So I went to Realtek web site, and they have a very recent Vista 64 bits driver which I tried, and the network card works just great !
Hope it helps anyone...

Sorted

Well there have been no problems as of a fix I made last night. From reading replies, and other fourms, this seams to be a common problem with NVidia Network Controllers (or some variation of interupted network connectivity) particularly (as well it seams some realtek). So, what I did was take the most recent nForce driver set from the Nvidia website for Vista x64 (about 190mb i think), extracted it with WinRAR and then through Device manager, forced the Driver to update through manual selection:

Computer Manage -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters-> Right Click - NVidia Network Controller (or applicable) -> Update Driver Software... -> Browse... -> Let me pick... -> Have disk -> 'Browse to where the Vista driver is (I extracted to desktop) -> Select 'inf' file for Ethernet Driver -> Ok to the end, and done!

So far no probs. Before doing this, I checked the Driver version windows was using and it was 1.0.0.0, now its 68.blah.blah.blah.

Would recommend this to anyone having similar problems as a fix.

Thanks, and hope this is of help to someone.

Thanks for advice, just made this post and read through replies. Sounds like I've done exactly the same as yourself. Not dropped out, and faster I think. Thanks all the same :)

Last edited:
I had a similar problem, which I just found the solution. If you have an nForce nVidia Network Controller on your motherboard, then you need to update your driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

1) Go to the website above, select "nForce" in the product type
2) select the appropriate "series" for your motherboard. If you don't know the series, then go to step 2a, otherwise proceed to step 3.
2a) (note: if you are not sure of the series, then first click "Motherboard drivers" in the option 2 section. But don't select the driver, here, just find out the series. Then go back step 2
3) Select download type "Driver"
4) In Operating system, select 'Wndows 7" with the appropriate 32 or 64 bit.

After installing the driver, my network connection has been rock solid. Good luck!

Hi.

My appologies if this is a repeat thread, but I could not find a solution to this problem. From browsing this and other forums in seams there are quite a few complaints similar tio this one.

The problem is.... My network adapter needs to be disabled and re-enabled regularly. It is not periodic (eg. somtimes i have to do this every few minuets, sometimes every few hours.

What happens is that everything works normaly, then randomly everything stops, and after a min or so an error appears in the 'Networking and Sharing Centre' as shown in attatchment...

It works fine everytime I boot, but then when I start using it CAN stop working.

I'm using Windows 7 build 7100 with an NVidia Networking Adapter. When I check, it retains its IP Address, but won't ping it. I have also disabled IPv6 in an attempt to stop the problem with no success.

It is absolutly infuriating. I am seriously considering reverting back to Vista, which I upgraded from as I NEVER had a problem with that.

Any help anyone could provide will be extremely helpful. Many thanks, and sorry about the awful spelling.

If you have more than one router in your network it will cause that issue. Windows 7 seems to have issues with multiple Routers or Hubs within a network. Drove my crazy for a week.

Back