Windows 7 Windows 7 on virtual PC

ccpilande

Hi,

I've just installed a beta copy of windows 7 to my desktop thru virtual pc 007 and currently working(8 hours consumed for the installation).
After copying the .vhd file to my virtual pc on my laptop, upon running, bootmgr is missing message appears.
I tried to repair it using the win7 dvd disc but cannot repair.

Please advice.

Thanks a lot.

My advice would be to not use virtual pc.. ;) The Beta build 7000 of Windows 7 is extremely reliable and stable,, I'd recommend creating a seperate partition (If you have the space to do so) and then do a clean install of Win 7 on the new partition... The installation should only take about 20 minutes that way and the boot manager will configure itself... ;)

If you don't have the space to create a new partition than I'd suggest not using Windows 7 until either you do have the extra space or until it's out in final form at which time you could than purchase a copy and upgrade... ;) Using 7 through Virtual PC isn't a pleasant experience in the first place.. but also it's not allowing the OS to make full use of your pc's hardware that way either.. thus resulting in a very poor overall Windows 7 user experience... :)

Actually if you can get hold of the later builds then I'd use those -- I'm currently using build 7057 --even though it's only the 32 bit edition I'm satisfied so far and what is even nicer it doesn't expire until MAR 2010.

I'll go for the x-64 version if (or rather when) it appears and of course the REAL RC1 version.

Cheers
jimbo.

Actually if you can get hold of the later builds then I'd use those -- I'm currently using build 7057 --even though it's only the 32 bit edition I'm satisfied so far and what is even nicer it doesn't expire until MAR 2010.

I'll go for the x-64 version if (or rather when) it appears and of course the REAL RC1 version.

Cheers
jimbo.

I wouldn't get too excited about expiry dates Jimbo45.. they really don't mean a whole hell of a lot in the grand scheme of things... ;) And there will only be 1 RC.. ;) As for trying to get a hold of later builds.. that's not something I suggest as I don't really see the point of using iterim/daily builds.. just wait for the RC.. not long to wait now.. ;) In the meantime, build 7000 works just fine.. :)

Hi,

I guess you're right.

I installed it on a laptop with 2gb memory, 160mb hdd, core duo processor
and 256 graphics card.
I also installed the following software,
visual studio 2008 PE, sql server 22005 express, office 2007 SE and yahoo messenger
The problem is that I can't send and receive mails using outlook (mail settings is configured correctly)
"out of memory or system resources. close some windows and try again" error appears.

Is my laptop specs not enough?
Also I cannot connect my yahoo messenger online, but I can connect to internet with IE.

Any advice?

Thanks,
ccpilande

Back
Top Bottom