Windows 7 Windows 7 & Outlook 2007

Kermit

I am having a problem with Outlook 2007 now deleting my messages off Embarqmail server when before with XP I kept them there, can someone tell me how to set that back the way it was where the copy of my email stays on that server? It just started after I installed Windows 7.

I am having a problem with Outlook 2007 now deleting my messages off Embarqmail server when before with XP I kept them there, can someone tell me how to set that back the way it was where the copy of my email stays on that server? It just started after I installed Windows 7.

Kermit:

This is NOT a Windows 7 problem, it is an Office Outlook 2007 configuration. By default Outlook will remove messages when you open them (assuming you are using a POP3/SMTP Server vs an Windows Exchange Server).

If you Open Outlook 2007 and follow these steps it should fix your problem.
  1. Navigate to Tools (ALT+T)
  2. Select Account Settings (Press A)
  3. Select the account that you are having issues with
  4. Click the Change tab (Press A)
  5. Click the More Settings button in the lower right corner
  6. Click the Advanced Tab
  7. Check the box "Leave a copy of the messages on the server" and either check and enter a number of days or clear the check box.
NOTE: If you elect to not remove these messages from the server, you will need to do it from the server or another client. I generally check both boxes and put something like a value of 90 in the days box.

Hope this helps...

Michael

Thanks

That solved my problem, I had forgotten about where to change it and with the new look of Windows 7 it threw me a curve.

Thanks again for all the help,
Kermit

Back
Top Bottom