Windows 7 Windows 7 Pro x64 Partition Table destroyed. Need Help

Clonatu

Hi guys, I have a problem with my Windows 7 x64 installation. I have played with a Playstation3 HDD and I have really screwed my Windows 7 partition table.

I have tried booting with the setup dvd and tried everything there (startup repair, bootfix from cmd, etc) but nothing seems to work.

I have next booted Hiren's Live XP and I can see my partitions (btw what is the small 100mb partition called system reserved?). I have found a folder called Recovery on my boot partition which contains a large file called winre.wim, can I use this to restore my boot from System Image Recovery ? If yes, how do I do that? (remember that win setup doesn't see my partitions) I have copied the whole recovery folder to an usb stick, but when I get to System Image recovery it doesn't find it...

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

The 100mb is the boot files. If it is the factory system recorery image it will take it back to the new condition. It's late wait and see if somebody more knowledgable has more suggestions. You might want to post the info about your pc brand specs and all.
Joe

Back