Windows 7 Windows 7 product key

heyyopmo

Hello,
I downloaded windows 7 last week and the product key I received was invalid and I have only a few more weeks to activate my windows 7. I need a valid product key? Can someone help me retreive a new one or a correct one?

heyyopmo

Why don't you contact whoever you got the key from?

It's like you are coming here saying the power company cut off your electricity... well except if they did you wouldn't be posting this from home.

Do you want us to contact your vendor ?

Can anyone explain WHY Windows7 Key will only work on one home computer, Vista and XP allowed three home computers to be used, it did not say on the box "can only be used on one computer" my son's computer would not take the 64bit so he used the 32bit and we put the 64bit on this our home computer we all use, now it comes up can not activate invalid Key on this computer, Can anyone help as I can't afford to buy another key, and we format-ed the drive on this computer so I can't go back, what will happen when the activation time runs out, PLEASEEEEEE HELP

Are you saying you used same key on 2 different computers ? If you used the key on a 32 bit install and after installing it on your 64 bit machine it de-activated the 64 bit version on the home machine. The W7 you bought can only be on one computer. Most likely the reason you cold put Vista and XP machine on 3 machines was you most likely for Vista and XP purchased the family Pack which would allow this. Yo may have to purchase another W7 package.

Thanks Super Sarge

I Did not Know windows7 was only for ONE computer as there is TWO Disc 32 and 64Bits, I read all that came with the Disc's not once did it say only for one PC, my son tested W7 last year for Microsoft sending reports off how it was working to them, he was very happy how it worked which is way we payed all that money for W7 thinking we could use it on our home computers to, AM I THE ONLY DOOM IRISH MAN TO FALL FOR THIS
As I said I formated my drive and I CAN NOT afford to buy again
will my computer stop working when the actervation time is up??? as for now it won't let me downloud drivers for sound

Well mccormick they provide the two discs so that you have the option to install either the 32 or 64 bit version of it. If you read through the liscense agreement it clearly states
2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a. One Copy per Computer. You may install one copy of the software on one computer. That computer is the “licensed computer.â€Â￾
You must buy the family pack to install it on three seperate computers.
I have attached my copy of the licensing agreement that i agreed to.
If you want to find your specific windows 7 software version please go to http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/useterms/default.aspx and find the one that applys to you!!!

Can anyone explain WHY Windows7 Key will only work on one home computer,

At the risk of sounding like I'm a conspiracy theorist.... maybe it's because Micro$oft wants to make mo money?

, now it comes up can not activate invalid Key on this computer, Can anyone help as I can't afford to buy another key, and we format-ed the drive on this computer so I can't go back, what will happen when the activation time runs out, PLEASEEEEEE HELP

You can use Rearrm 3 times to give you 3 more months. Maybe the Obama money will trickle down to you by then.

You should have purchased the Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack. Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate do not come in a family Pack. I certainly wished they did as I had to purchase 2 Windows 7 Pro Upgrades. I did however pre-order them so I saved a few dollars.

In My Opinion the Ultimate version is not worth the extra price
The below in blue is what is not included on Windows pro. I can get Disc and folder encryption by using True Crypt which is free and most users do not need the language pack

Help protect data on your PC and portable storage devices against loss or theft with BitLocker.

33624ed4-7676-4be4-9f47-d77eab7ecd9c.gif

Work in the language of your choice and switch between any of 35 languages.

Don't you also get the Unix based subsystem and boot from VHD features ?

There must be millions who really need those features.

It's a while since I looked so I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom