Windows 7 Windows 7 Public Beta: January 9th

how do you create an iso file from the windows 7 beta that I have downloaded?
I have image burn , but there does not seem to be an iso image in the download , please help an idiot:confused:

You don't actually create the ISO, the ISO IS what you downloaded.. all you have to do is burn the image to a disc now..
If there isn't an ISO in whatever you downloaded then I'm not sure if you got the right thing.. This is what the ISO file should look like:

7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD
Size: (3.15GB) <-- For 64 Bit Version
or
(2.43GB) <-- For 32 Bit Version

If that's what you have then you got the right thing, you just need to burn it now.. ;)

Just use nero if it's available to you.. if you have it you just open nero burning rom and click on "burn image" from the file menu then select the image to burn and then it will burn it for you.. there are also other options out there, probably free ones too but Nero is what I use.. ;) Nero - Trial Version that's the link to a free trial of Nero 9 if you'd like to burn the image that way and don't already have Nero.. It works fine with XP, Vista and should work fine with Windows 7 as well (I've not tested Nero 9 yet, Nero 8 Ultra Edition does work well with the Beta though)

Last edited:
OMG... Thanks so much! I don't have the download but I just got 2 keys FOR THE GERMAN ONE... Wohoooo... :D:D:D
Question: At the german site there is a button that I should click on to start the download. But when I klick on it nothing happens! How's it with you guys and the english site? COuld it maybe be because I'm using firefox?

EDIT: I just tried it in IE but when I klickt on download I just got redirected to Win7 Homepage English. But for that I got another key... :razz:
I don't have that much time now to check if the download works, could someone maybe tell here when the download works? That would be great. I guess not only for me!

Last edited:
OMG... Thanks so much! I don't have the download but I just got 2 keys FOR THE GERMAN ONE... Wohoooo... :D:D:D
Question: At the german site there is a button that I should click on to start the download. But when I klick on it nothing happens! How's it with you guys and the english site? COuld it maybe be because I'm using firefox?

I think it's because they don't have the download capacity for the servers up and running yet. The official links on Technet and the Windows 7 sites are still apologising for being down.

I noticed that. I'm gonna try just keeping the site open where the button is... And sometime I'm just gonna press again... Actually good that this button doesn't have a specific link...

Sorry I haven't read the posts above which may be relevant to this as I have to run, but is it just me or is the registration key page download not working?

No... Microsoft shut some servers down... But with a trick you can at least already get the key... See previous pages...

thanks jammie, i found this link. and it has the same keys i got following your link and some other link. apparently we're all getting the same keys.
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Beta download available

THE WINDOWS 7 PUBLIC BETA IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AT MICROSOFT.COM

Non-Technet members can now download the Beta at Welcome to Windows 7

EDIT: I noticed that I couldn't actually download the Beta using Firefox. You must use IE to download the Beta.

Last edited:
Indeed the Windows 7 Public BETA is now back up for download. There download limit has only reached some 1.6 million so far so hurry up and get your copy before their taken.

Direct link to downloads

(x86) Link Removed due to 404 Error

(x64) Link Removed due to 404 Error

Wohhoooooooooooo! I AM DOWNLOAD! OH YA MAN!!! Actually not that slow for a connection where I live... ^^

(I like this Download Manager thingy... :razz:)

Back