Windows 7 windows 7 service pack one always fails to install

paleyas2

I never realized it until just now, when I looked through Windows Update. It's been trying to install the service pack update about a hundred times behind my back since LAST JULY. and every time the status is "Failed." I had checked because I just installed it last night again and shut down my computerr and everything seemed fine. Then this morning I noticed the windows update icon in the taskbar and saw it again even though I just installed it last night and noticed all the failed installations

You might start on the referenced page and select the SP1 section. The Update Readiness Tool is probably the first thing you want to do, but there have been situations that cause problems for the update. In one case if a couple of the updates were done in conjunction with the SP1, a hotfix was required.

Support for Windows 7

If you have already gone through some of these procedures, please let us know.

Also, there can be a number of Updates that have to be in before SP1 will go.

Do other Updates Succeed?

Drew

yes, other updates succeed.

I downloaded and ran the tool you suggested, Saltgrass. the progress is completely empty for about half an hour now..there's also a little popup window that says "verifying file" with also with a completely empty progress bar. I don't think it's working

Back