Windows 7 Windows 7 Slowdown

Cheemag

Extraordinary Member
My Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, on occasion will slow to a crawl. Apps take minutes to come up and then can't be stopped as they aren't responding. In this state the machine won't close down properly either. This happens intermittently - it can run for days without a problem.

According to Malwarebytes and Avast! there is no malware on the machine.

In this condition, both my cleaning programmes lock up at the 'deleting temporary files' bit, but after a reboot they may well run and delete the temporary files after which the machine behaves normally - until next time. I noticed in some forum or other that deleting temporary files can clear a slow machine. I thought that this may be the problem, but now I'm not so sure.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Cheemag

Try this advanced Disk cleaner. Open admin cmd prompt (rightclick and run as admin) and type:

cleanmgr/sageset:1

Press enter. You notice the Disk clean box appear but far more check boxes than the default version. Check all the boxes and click ok. Now it's set up you only need to type this to get it to run each time:

cleanmgr/sagerun:1

Press enter.

Hopefully this will cure your slowness

Try this advanced Disk cleaner. Open admin cmd prompt (rightclick and run as admin) and type:

cleanmgr/sageset:1

Press enter. You notice the Disk clean box appear but far more check boxes than the default version. Check all the boxes and click ok. Now it's set up you only need to type this to get it to run each time:

cleanmgr/sagerun:1

Press enter.

Hopefully this will cure your slowness

Didn't find a lot: temporary Internet files-183KB; Thumbnails-2MB.
So that isn't the problem after all. CCleaner didn't find much either.

There was a possible conflict as I was running Avast! and Malwarebytes as well as Windows Defender. I didn't ask for the latter, and I've now switched it off. We shall see.

Regards,

Cheemag

It's not only with windows 7, all OS become slow after some time. Main reasons are viruses, space consumption and resources consumption over the time. To encounter slowdowns, one can use some optimizing tools such as Ashampoo Win Optimizer and security suits such as ESET Smart Security or Kaspersky Internet Security.

You can also view Windows7 is not fast enough to use | Techyv.com for more information.

I hope it would be of some help.

Back