Windows 7 Windows 7 "Solve PC Issues" issue

Mustangman58

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 2 days ago and now the "Solve PC Issues" on the bottom right hand corner of the screen says that my Virus Protection and Fire wall are not on. I made sure my Norton is working and on but it keeps saying it is off. Any solutions?

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 2 days ago and now the "Solve PC Issues" on the bottom right hand corner of the screen says that my Virus Protection and Fire wall are not on. I made sure my Norton is working and on but it keeps saying it is off. Any solutions?

Yeah.... turn off the warning. Right click on the tiny pyramid that the hidden icons of running programs are behind... this is the ^ beside your speaker volume on your task bar...

when you right click go to properties then turn off ACTION center and you can select Customize notification icons and uncheck the box about always showing icons.

I do not like Norton .. it causes many other problems.... Windows Security Essentials is free ... just run it every once in a while.

The get rid of the icon permanently go to Control panel > Action Center, click Change Action Center Setting and uncheck every box.

just done exactly what you said about disabling that icon. and its still there even though all the tick boxes are empty

From the Help File:

How does Action Center check for problems?
[This content is preliminary and subject to change.]

Action Center checks several security and maintenance-related items of your computer that help indicate your computer's overall performance.

When the status of a monitored item changes (for example, your antivirus software becomes out of date) Action Center notifies you with a message in the notification area on the taskbar, the status of the item in Action Center changes color to reflect the severity of the message, and an action is recommended.

To change which items Action Center checks:

Click to open Action Center.

Click Change Action Center settings.

Select a check box to make Action Center check an item for changes or problems, or clear a check box to stop checking the item.

Click OK.

If you prefer to keep track of an item yourself (for example, you use a backup program other than the one included in Windows, or you back up your files manually), and you don't want to see notifications about its status, you can turn off notifications for the item.

When you clear the check box for an item on the Change Action Center settings page, you won’t receive any messages, and you won’t see the item's status in Action Center. We recommend checking the status of all items listed, since many can help warn you about security issues. However, if you decide to turn off messages for an item, you can always turn messages back on. On the Change Action Center settings page, select the check box for the item and then click OK. Or, click the appropriate Turn on messages link next to the item on the main page

Back