Windows 7 SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Update on SP1 beta (Win7)

Microsoft has Link Removed due to 404 Error that a public beta of Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 will be available by the end of July. As announced earlier, SP1 will contain all the incremental updates released through Windows Update, with no substantial new features aside from virtualization tools, Remote FX and Dynamic Memory adjustment for Windows Server 2008.

Ref: TweakGuides.com

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this have to be uninstalled at some point? Or will the final issue install over this? There doesn't seem like any pressing need for me to try it. I try and keep uninstalls to a minimum.
Joe

If it's similar to past releases then good chance you will have to un-install this when the release candidate arrives.

Microsoft has released a public beta of Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7. This Service Pack does not contain any major new features for Windows 7, it is primarily a compilation of existing updates. The documented changes for Windows 7 include additional support for communication with third party federation services, improved HDMI audio device performance, corrected behavior when printing mixed-orientation XPS documents, change to behavior of 'restore previous folders at logon' functionality, enhanced support for additional identities in RRAS and IPSEC, and support for Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX). Full details of what SP1 contains are here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ilyID=61924cea-83fe-46e9-96d8-027ae59ddc11The final version of SP1 is expected in the first half of 2011

Download: Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta | Download, Evaluate and Get Resources

This beta places a watermark on the desktop. Download the attached file if you want to remove it.

Last edited:
Microsoft releases public beta of Windows 7 service pack

Development build may have bugs, consumers steer clear Microsoft today released the first public beta of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), but warned consumers and end users to steer clear of the preview. The beta also includes a first look at Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. The company announced the availability of the betas as it kicked off its Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC), where it also ...

Re: Great!

So, it seems there isn't actually any reason for an everyday user to get SP1 if you already have all the previous updates...

You're right, Glexn. I have installed it and Examined it (windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit). I have previously kept up to date and, frankly, I can see nothing to test! It did give me some stange fluctuations on a couple of sites, using IE, but not with Firefox. I bugged this, fwiw.
Another thing to remember, for the impatient, is that it puts a beta test watermark on the desktop.
I got the email, (picture attached) but could add nothing else for the valuation. I did not "enjoy" lol, and decided to uninstall again. This aspect works well but takes a while.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

SP1 has always been nothing more than a cumulative bug fix, maybe some cosmetic changes, but that's it - basically, the first true Gold release!

Re: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta Download

The offline installer, which is basically a 1.2GB ISO image can also be downloaded, more about it here.

I was trying to install the beta from the ISO (1.2GB) on a laptop having intel's i3 processor, but the update fails even after being fully completed. AFter I restart, i get a dialog box saying update did not succeed kind of. However it Works fine on my other laptop having a core 2 duo proc. The offline installer, which is basically a 1.2GB ISO image can also be downloaded, more about it here.

Well, I bought a new computer with Windows 7, 64 bit installed and for some reason it can't update properly. I've tried all different methods to get it to work, using suggestions on various forums and nothing works. Maybe downloading and installing SP1 will fix the issue finally. I've manually downloaded the updates from Microsoft but they always fail to install. I don't have a clue at this point why they don't install and I've changed the software permissions so that anything can install without being blocked. Still no luck. I hope SP1 is the fix that works.

Internet Explorer 9 Beta Drops in September 2010, Microsoft officially confirms.

It looks like Microsoft is done with Platform Preview releases of the next major iteration of Internet Explorer. There’s now approximately a month until the first Beta development milestone of Internet Explorer 9 will be made available for download to the public. Microsoft has confirmed this officially, during the keynote at the annual Microsoft Financial Analyst Meeting. According to Microsoft Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner’s announcement on July 29, come September 2010, users will be able to download and start test driving IE9 Beta. A specific availability deadline for IE9 Beta was not delivered.

“The most beautiful thing about our browser story is the message is getting out with IE8, the safest most secure browser in the marketplace. We're really excited about IE9 which will be beta and coming out in September. Yes, we had a little headwinds, we had several things we had to do with IE8 this past year but guess what per external data in the marketplace, in May and June, we grew share in the browser space for the first time in a very long time,” Turner said. (emphasis added) .... Link Removed - Invalid URL

Sources: Softpedia

New test build of Windows 7 SP1 goes to select Microsoft partners

Microsoft has released a beta refresh of its Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack (SP) 1 to selected PC and Technology Adoption Program (TAP) partners, company officials confirmed on August 30.
Microsoft made the refresh build — the build number of which is said to be Link Removed due to 404 Error — available to a select group of testers on August 27. There’s no word (so far) on whether there is anything new in that refresh.
“A private interim release went out Friday as part of our normal feedback loop with a small group of our testers – our TAP and OEMs,” a company spokesperson told me via e-mail when I asked about the refresh.
New test build of Windows 7 SP1 goes to select Microsoft partners | ZDNet

Re: New test build of Windows 7 SP1 goes to select Microsoft partners

Microsoft has released a Release Candidate (RC) of Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7. This Service Pack does not contain any major new features for Windows 7, it is primarily a compilation of existing updates. Furthermore it is not recommended that average users install a non-final version of a Service Pack. The final version of SP1 is expected in the first half of 2011.

Download details: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate (KB976932)

That's should clarify confusion anyone may be having.. :)

Microsoft has released Windows Service Pack 1 (SP1) to MSDN and Technet subscribers. It will be available to the general public on 22 February.

Windows 7 SP1 has now been released to the general public.

Download and release notes can be found here:

SP1

Deployment Guide for Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 and Windows 7 with SP1.doc 213KB Download

Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.xls 465KB Link Removed due to 404 Error

Installing Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1.doc 94KB Download

Notable Changes in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.doc 102KB Download

Release Notes for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1.doc 87KB Download

Release Notes for Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1.doc 87KB Download

Last edited:

For a link to the comprehensive discussion thread for Windows 7 Service Pack 1, including information, reviews, and outcomes, please Link Removed - Invalid URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom