Windows 7 Windows 7 sudden blue screen after critical update

Birch

I am above average for IT knowledge.

I had and ran the beta and RC just fine. I installed win 7 prof 64 bit when it released and had no issues until the critical update on 12/3, after that I get reboots and blue screen crashes every 20 min or so, depending how many resources I am using. I swap to my RC and everything runs fine for days. I tried a restore and I got corruption of everything, I spent a great amount fo time reversing that, I have tried multiple times, no way restore will work and this install is not working. Its not hardware or my rc would not work, it has to be something else, but I have no idea what to do from here. Please advise if I am the only one or if there might be a resoltuion, or even if this is a known issue. Also, how long is the rs good for, currently its the only install working, and I would hate to lose it before getting this issue resolved.

Lots of people are having problems with x64 updates for Windows 7
Try uninstalling all of the Most recent updates.

I am having similar issues, but when I tried to uninstall updates, it corrupted my install---I tried restore, corrupted it as well. Should have made an image of first install, learning lesson.

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, cklick view installed updates and uninstall the one that caused the prioblem.

I have nto tried the manual uninstall of the update that was just prior to my issues. I will try that and post back, if that doesnt work, I will read the tutorial and then, sigh, I will do a reinstall if I have to, it was such a pain to get it all transferred over I really hope I dont have to do that again. But hey at least my RC install works well, and I was able to fall back to it for now. Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.

I have nto tried the manual uninstall of the update that was just prior to my issues. I will try that and post back, if that doesnt work, I will read the tutorial and then, sigh, I will do a reinstall if I have to, it was such a pain to get it all transferred over I really hope I dont have to do that again. But hey at least my RC install works well, and I was able to fall back to it for now. Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.

As always, best of luck!

I have resolved the issue. First let me say what I tried that did not work. I tried to uninstall the date I noticed the issues, it was a windows defender update and it was unable to be removed (aha moment since system restore created corrupt backups) I then decided to run a few benchmarks from one then the other OS, I ran prime95 and it crashed out the gate, I changed the setting to leave ram out and it crashed. I performed a memory test and loaded into 7rc, ran perfect no crashes. Loaded back into 7, checked my clocks, voltages and timings. Apparently one of the windows updates reset my memory timings to stock, since I was running 2.2 volts to it, it was creating error 0X00000101, which is supposed to be graphics, but in this case it was the memory timings were too spaced and slow, the voltages were to high and it was causing processor 3 to fail. Funny thing is, my benchmarks all did better that when the install was fresh, so the new ATI drivers did what they are supposed to as well---bonus night for me. Hope this helps others. Thanks for all the advisement guys.

Back