Windows 7 Windows 7 takes forever to boot... and then the screen goes black once it does?!

PVEG

Hey everyone,
You'll have to forgive me, I know a little about computers but not enough to solve a mess of my own problems :)o). I have a Lenovo laptop that I bought back in March, and though it is cheaply made, I have had little problems with it up until earlier this month. In early June, suddenly (literally, one day it happened just like that) when I would turn on my computer, Windows would take forever to boot. I mean 30 minutes, 20 if I was lucky. While this was a huge annoyance, the computer would run fine once it loaded and I use this computer for work so I didn't have much time to try to get it fixed. However, this morning I turn it on, and it takes as long as ever but with a new twist - once it does load, the screen goes completely black. I have no idea how this happened as I just loaded it yesterday and it was fine. Any suggestions would be great (please explain how to do things as you would to a 5th grader :p).
GeneralOperating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium 32-bitCPU TypeIntel Pentium dual-core T4400(2.2GHz)Screen15.4" WXGAMemory Size3GB DDR2Hard Disk160GBOptical DriveDVD±R/RWGraphics CardIntel GMA 4500MVideo MemoryShared memoryCommunicationLAN and WLANBattery Life4.6 hoursDimensions14.10" x 10.10" x 1.22" - 1.46"Weight5.95 lbs.CPUCPU TypeIntel Pentium dual-coreCPU SpeedT4400(2.20GHz)CPU FSB800MHzCPU L2 Cache1MBDisplayScreen Size15.4"Wide Screen SupportYesDisplay TypeWide XGAResolution1280 x 800Operating SystemsOperating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium 32-bitGraphicsGPU/VPUIntel GMA 4500MVideo MemoryShared system memoryGraphic TypeIntegrated CardHard DriveHDD160GBHDD RPM5400rpm

First have you tried any alternate boot options. Usually you can get a menu, by tapping the F8 key as the machine is coming up from a cold boot. Use your arrow keys to select safemode and hit enter.
If that works then try some diagnostic utilities
open command prompt by right clicking the short cut in accessories and choosing run as administrator.
Type sfc /scannow see what that produces
Also type chkdsk /R and let it run

Back
Top Bottom