Windows 7 Windows 7 taskbar questions

paulk

Hi guys,

im new here and this may be an old chestnut however..

RE: Windows 7 Taskbar..

Im getting usto it slowly and generally like it but

Why isnt it possible to add remove things from the right hand menu (above shutdown) eg would be great to add Personal "libarys" there.

and

not over keen on the behavior every time a programme is launched its listed it stays in the menu I just think it makes it look cluttered.
would be better if they were just cached and were cleared on a reboot..?

Any gurus or insiders out there know when the next build is comming out and what improvements it has..

Oh and i still like the original Control Panel best !!

any comments ??

Paul
:cool:

Im with you on the original control panel, you can set it back to "normal" though. View by large icons
The rest, trust me it grows on you. However, you can change the behaviors,

not over keen on the behavior every time a programme is launched its listed it stays in the menu I just think it makes it look cluttered.

If you rightclick the taskbar and click properties then under the start menu tab there is an option store and display recently open programs... Uncheck it to stop them appearing in the start menu.

Why isnt it possible to add remove things from the right hand menu (above shutdown) eg would be great to add Personal \"libarys\" there.

Those buttons, music, pictures etc should be bound to your library folders by default. You can modify these options under the start menu tab again and click customise.

Additionally, there are all sorts of customisations and tweaks within this 3rd party software. Its called Windows 7 Manager and I recommend. Make sure you create a restore point first, and be sure to make backups when promted.

As for new releases, its my understanding that we will not see any further features/changes added/made to 7 at this stage of development. Although entirely possible.

Naah still dont grove Cont Panel everything else on 7 is funky and flash modern and new, the control panel is just flat and messy looks like no thought has gone in to it at all...

one thing i have noticed is changes are not affected until you click apply ....

thats a welcome change..

paul

In the Control Panel, top right, you can select large or small icons. Large icons give you the window as in CP (attached). Where do you find this different from XP or Vista?
"Why isnt it possible to add remove things from the right hand menu (above shutdown) eg would be great to add Personal "libaries" there."
As Loathe says! By default, you should have the libraries showing there anyway (Music : Pictures etc)

There are no more builds "coming out". If you mean leaked, then 7137 is the latest. No leaks from now will show any remarkable chnages. They are only fixes for late reported bugs.

In the Control Panel, top right, you can select large or small icons. Large icons give you the window as in CP (attached). Where do you find this different from XP or Vista?
"Why isnt it possible to add remove things from the right hand menu (above shutdown) eg would be great to add Personal "libaries" there."
As Loathe says! By default, you should have the libraries showing there anyway (Music : Pictures etc)

There are no more builds "coming out". If you mean leaked, then 7137 is the latest. No leaks from now will show any remarkable chnages. They are only fixes for late reported bugs.

Hey there

Thanks for reply,
Still getting my head around 7 but there is a lot to go,

Indeed there are the libarys there but not the ones i create for myself..where i can organase my data.

I think the control panel looks a lot different my xp Panel is attached.
Using Small icons i need to look really hard to see where im going, Using Large icons i have to scroll up and down or fill the screen...??

Sorry from other posts in this forum it looked like there would be a version released when its ready for release.

Paul

Hi Paul and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

I agree with you somewhat on the Control Panel, it does look like not much thought was put into it but I just left it alone and it's grown on me now.. I like the fact that you have to clikc 'apply' before changes take place too.. ;) Davehc is right concerning builds.. There aren't anymore builds scheduled to be released.. They are however, leaking like a sive so if you really want to get one of them you can look around and find one easy enough.. ;) But as Dave said, there aren't any remarkable changes in these interim builds.. just bug fixes and an overall increase in speed and performance.. In other words, they aren't worth the time and effort.. The RC is more than stable enough to continue using until the Retail version hits stores..

"Indeed there are the libarys there but not the ones i create for myself..where i can organase my data."

Do you have only 1 HDD? I ask because you mention organizing your data, well my "DATA PC" has 1 250GB HDD in it. I have 2 partitions setup, one for Windows 7 and one for all my files.. I never use the default "libraries".. I didn't use "My Documents" in Win XP either.. I just find it's much easier and less cluttered if you put all your personal files on a seperate partition or seperate HDD if you have more than 1 in your system... Just some food for thought.. To each his own when it comes to storing data... :)

Back