I have just built a new computer -

Asus Sabertooth P67 B3
Intel i7 2600K (2nd Gen)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb cache
ATI Radeon HD 6870
Corsair 16gb DDR3 1600mHz
Thermaltake TR2 RX 650w
LG BDrom/DVDwriter

This is my first build. I have upgraded Mobo bios to 3209. I get the BSOD when I try to load Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. [0x0000007E] Can anyone help? I know I have probably missed something. I did scan though the previous posts breifly to see if someone had the same prob.

Solution
It seems like you might be facing a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error with the code 0x0000007E when trying to load Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on your newly built computer. This issue can be frustrating, but let's try to troubleshoot and resolve it. Here are a few steps you can take to address this problem: 1. Check Hardware Compatibility: - Ensure that all your hardware components are compatible with each other and with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Incompatibility can sometimes lead to BSOD errors. 2. Memory Check: - Since you have 16GB of DDR3 RAM, it's a good idea to check if the memory modules are properly seated. You can try running a memory diagnostic tool to check for any memory issues. 3. BIOS Settings: - Make sure...
It seems like you might be facing a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error with the code 0x0000007E when trying to load Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on your newly built computer. This issue can be frustrating, but let's try to troubleshoot and resolve it. Here are a few steps you can take to address this problem: 1. Check Hardware Compatibility: - Ensure that all your hardware components are compatible with each other and with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Incompatibility can sometimes lead to BSOD errors. 2. Memory Check: - Since you have 16GB of DDR3 RAM, it's a good idea to check if the memory modules are properly seated. You can try running a memory diagnostic tool to check for any memory issues. 3. BIOS Settings: - Make sure that the BIOS settings are correctly configured. Double-check settings related to memory, CPU, and storage devices. Ensure that the SATA mode is set correctly (AHCI usually works best for newer systems). 4. Driver Issues: - Ensure that all your drivers are up to date, especially the chipset, graphics card, and storage controller drivers. Incomplete or outdated drivers can cause BSOD errors. 5. Boot Configuration: - Check the boot configuration in BIOS. Make sure that the drive with Windows 7 installed is set as the primary boot device. 6. Safe Mode: - Try booting into Safe Mode. If you can successfully boot into Safe Mode, it might indicate that a third-party driver or software is causing the issue. 7. Startup Repair: - Use the Windows 7 installation disc to access the "Repair your computer" option. From there, you can run Startup Repair, which can fix certain issues that may be causing the BSOD. 8. System Restore: - If you recently made changes to the system, consider using System Restore to revert back to a point before the BSOD started occurring. 9. Hardware Check: - Run hardware diagnostics to check the health of your storage drive, CPU, and other components. Sometimes, hardware failures can lead to BSOD errors. 10. Fresh Installation: - If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider performing a fresh installation of Windows 7 Ultimate. Sometimes, a clean installation can fix underlying software issues. Try these steps sequentially and see if any of them help resolve the BSOD issue during Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installation on your new computer. If you encounter any specific error messages or have additional details, feel free to share them for further assistance.

Solution
Back