Windows 7 windows 7 ultimate network, firewall and sound stopped working

smaueltest3305

hi,
my OS is windows 7 ultimate x32 on PC. I was visiting a paid-to-click website on my PC during which I had a power cut. When I switched on the PC after the power came, the networking and sharing tray icon hqs disappeared. Volume button has a cross mark over it, displaying "The Audio Service is not running". I had tried the TweakBit FixMyPC 1.6.8.4 and fixed all the errors, and installed Malware Bytes Anti Malware and scannes the system, and ran Registry Mechanic which ignored 103 registry errors. I have not created any restore points. I installed windows 7 ultimate 3 months back only. That's why I didn't create restore points.
I had one more error. When I start firewall, it shows error code 0x80070422. DCOM and RPC endpoint mapper services were already in started condition in services in services.msc and I started cmd as administrator and typed "ipconfig /renew" and received an error "An error occured while renewing interface Local Area Connection 3 : The RPC server is unavailable. No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected."
System restore is giving error "System Restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system. A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the Application event log for more information. (0x80042302)".

EDITED TO ADD: When I used to connect my MTS usb stick , it automatically opens a new tab in firefox and displays connection status. but from yesterday when this power cut took place it doesn't do it. but i can access wifi from my android by connecting MTS to my PC port. and in control panel networks and sharing option, it displays "unknown The dependency service or group failed to start

Thanks for your support

Last edited:
Hi,
it sounds like your system has been corrupted by the power cut. Try running a chkdsk which will check the hard drive for errors and fix them if possible:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/
The above contains a couple of methods on how to run a chkdsk with either way make sure you check for and fix broken sectors.

Find command prompt, right click on it, choose properties then run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results. This is the system file checker and like the chkdsk scan will look for corruption and if possible repair it.

If the above doesn't help then reboot the system and start pressing F8 which will get you into the advanced boot options (same place you find 'safe mode'). Look for the setting 'Last good known configuration' and try that.

Let us know how you get on.

hi,
i am sorry for the delay.
I carried out chkdsk on c drive and it ran when I restarted the PC. The problems were not solved.
I have one more thing to say. When I run "sfc /scannow" I get an error "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.".
When F8 is pressed "last known good configuration" is not present.
I have one suggestion for myself. Is it possible to download the Windows 7 ultimate 6.1 7600 iso file from internet so that I can load it into Daemon tools and use its repair option? or is it a poor suggestion?
I have one more thing to say. When I click Audio tray icon it starts a popup window with title "troubleshooting audio" and displays error message as "Problems found Hardware changes might not have been detected" with a close button at the bottom. In services.msc, when I click the dependency tab for any service it pops up a screen with title bar "Service Dependencies" "Win32: The service cannot be started, either because it has no enabled devices associated with it."
Thanks

I have one suggestion for myself. Is it possible to download the Windows 7 ultimate 6.1 7600 iso file from internet so that I can load it into Daemon tools and use its repair option? or is it a poor suggestion?

Try this download:
http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-ultimate-free-download-iso-32-and-64-bit/
I wouldn't use it to replace your os but you might be ok using it to repair. Also just a word to the wise Daemon Tools is well known for causing bsod's in win 7.

hi,
I woke up just now and it is 5:14 A.M. here. So , i have got a doubt . What means bsod's? Is it bad or good caused to windows 7?
Can I use Daemon tools? Thanks for the link. I have started downloading the link. I will inform you about its result soon :)
regards
smauel

Edited to add: blue screen of death. then I have another software PowerISO for extracting the ISO files. Shall I extract them and repair?

Last edited:
hi
i am back and all the problems are solved
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JurLrz_ooGw&fulldescription=1&gl=IN&client=mv-google&hl=en
(between, the iso file that i downloaded does not have repair option) I opened the msconfig and clicked 'normal startup' and clicked apply and clicked 'ok' a.d it prompted me to restart. After the restart everything is working. The network audio and firewall
The youtube video i mentioned says that rpc server error is a virus

thanks to kemical who guided me throughout this process

thanks bro

Back
Top Bottom