Windows 7 Windows 7 Updates Failing and Certain Software Install/Uninstalls Failing

Dalton

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate, currently 7 updates failing to install and trying to uninstall something like microsoft security essentials will not uninstall and OTHER software as well.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• fail0.PNG
    fail0.PNG
    29.5 KB · Views: 315
  • fail1.PNG
    fail1.PNG
    72 KB · Views: 296
  • fail2.PNG
    fail2.PNG
    480.9 KB · Views: 340
  • fail3.PNG
    fail3.PNG
    275.6 KB · Views: 365
  • fail4.PNG
    fail4.PNG
    45.8 KB · Views: 320
Hi,

1. Does this issue occur when installing a particular update or happens when you try to install any Windows Update?
2. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
Method 1: Start the computer in clean boot and try to install updates and check if that helps. To configure your computer to clean boot refer the following link.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow step 7 in the article to boot to normal startup.
Method 2: Reset the Windows update component and then try to install the update and check if you’re able to install the update. Refer the following link to reset the Windows updates.
How do I reset Windows Update components?
(Also applicable to Windows 7)
Method 3: If the issue persists then, follow the steps provided in the following article and check if that helps.
‘Unable to install updates in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2;
Unable to install updates in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Hi,

1. Does this issue occur when installing a particular update or happens when you try to install any Windows Update?
2. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
Method 1: Start the computer in clean boot and try to install updates and check if that helps. To configure your computer to clean boot refer the following link.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow step 7 in the article to boot to normal startup.
Method 2: Reset the Windows update component and then try to install the update and check if you’re able to install the update. Refer the following link to reset the Windows updates.
(Also applicable to Windows 7)
Method 3: If the issue persists then, follow the steps provided in the following article and check if that helps.
‘Unable to install updates in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2;
Unable to install updates in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I tried basically all those besides 2 things in method 3 and no luck I might just reinstall windows been a little a while since I have done that anyways.

Sorry about that Dalton, if you need further assistance though please don't hesitate to ask..

Back
Top Bottom