Windows 7 Windows 7 upgrade issue

Mullet 2262

Hi all,

Hope you can help me with this - and to save me wasting your time, if there is a link to an answer, just point me in that direction! Many thanks!

I recently purchased a new tower (Intel i540, Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H, 4Gb RAM 500Gb HDD) with Windows 7 x64 Home Premium pre-installed as a trial (30 days) version. This version is not yet activated - another 18 days to go before the trial finishes.

I have also purchased, via my TAFE (college) membership (from ItsNotCheating) Windows 7 64x Professional Upgrade. It has been d/l and is sitting there waiting for installation. I have the licence key for this version.

My question is, how do I go about upgrading from Home Premium to Professional without having to activate(and pay for, I presume,) Home Premium first? I've paid for the Professional version and if possible, I'd rather not have to pay for 2 licences just to get to Professional. If the consensus says I have to pay, then I will but if I don't have to, that would be great.

When I started the Professional instal process, it told me to do the upgrade via the Windows Anytime Upgrade. When I went to that, it told me I needed to Activate W7 Home Premium before I could upgrade. Do I have to do that before I can upgrade to Professional.

I hope all of the above makes sense?

Your help and support would be greatly appreciated!

P

If you can download 7 Professional from your school, you can clean install and activate it with your 7 Pro key.

Back
Top Bottom