Windows 7 Validated As Non-Genuine on Unsupported Editions with MUI Language Pack Ins

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
After using hack to install language packs on non-supported editions of Windows 7, the Windows 7 operating system
may be unsuccessful and validated as non-genuine (in other words, pirated or counterfeit) when user is trying to install updates on Windows Update or download files from the Microsoft Download Center. Genuine Windows validation also fails and returns negative status when user validates on Genuine Microsoft Software
site.

Typically, the following message will be displayed:

This copy of Windows is not genuine.

In addition, the non-genuine warnings may contain one of these validation error codes:

It appears that Windows Activation Technologies (WAT) starts to taking into account feature sets that available on specific edition of Windows 7 operating system when determining the genuine status. In this case, the non-genuine status is returned when Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs that provide additional display languages in the operating system are installed on Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium or Professional edition, all of which is Windows 7 editions that does not support installation of MUI language packs.

According to KB2105247, Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs require a license to be used and are available only for Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Enterprise editions. If these language files are present on another edition of Windows 7, genuine technologies will detect tampering on the system and display the non-genuine warnings.

If the WAT has already been installed on the system, there is likelihood that the non-genuine error will also occurred at the point which user tries to install MUI language packs on Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, or Professional edition. With the introduction of genuine check on language packs, the free ride of less premium editions of Windows 7 to use MUI language packs may come to an end.

To resolve the non-genuine issue and return the Windows 7 to genuine status, user can choose either one options:

1.Reinstall Windows
2.Uninstall or remove MUIs – If a third-party program was used to install the MUIs, they can be removed by using the same program (read: Vistalizator). After the MUIs are uninstalled, restart the computer
, and re-validate the operating system.
Link Removed - Not Found
Honi soit qui malypense
Link Removed - Invalid URL

It happened to me once a few weeks ago.When I installed Personalization Panel Aero Enabler for Windows 7 Starter on my Windows 7 Starter,I found I could no longer validate Windows. But when I uninstalled the Aero enabler I was able to validate Windows again.

As you know,Aero theme is blocked from Windows 7 Starter, and the Aero enabler must have somehow hacked the system,which resulted in the Validation error.

But however, the personalization Panel wallpaper changer DOES NOT stop Windows from validating.It is only the Aero enabler that does. And my Windows was already activated as it was pre installed when I bought my netbook. But It just would not validate until I removed the Aero enabler. But after I removed it,Windows did validate.

But I have also read that some visual styles programs affect the validation and activation of Windows as well. As Microsoft only allows signed themes on Windows. Andrea Borman.

Back
Top Bottom