Windows 7 Windows 7 Video Driver Issue

jay5w

Hey guys, I've been having a recurring problem at least twice a day, and more when I watch video, where I'm using my HP 6930p elitebook and the screen goes white with dull lines running through it. My laptop originally came with windows vista and was upgraded through my school to windows 7 32 bit. The problem never occurred with vista, and I have read online that maybe the drivers haven't been updated for windows 7 yet. I've viewed my windows event logs for errors and it seems that error 7009 keeps occurring saying "A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 service to connect". My computer has ATI mobility radeon hd3400 series drivers. Thanks for the help in advance.

If you did an "upgrade" install over Vista instead of a clean or "custom" fresh install where the drive is wiped clean then that may be causing issues for you.

Many users who have gone the "upgrade" install route experience problems later on, usually after a several week or a few months.

Also, you may want to disable Roxio Hard Drive Watcher - somewhere under Roxio > Tools or in Control Panel > Administrative > Serices.

Back