Windows 7 Windows 7 vs. Windows 8 gaming

shaneblack

I am torn between the two OS's and wonder which is better, I tried win 8 Rp but video drivers are not readily available for it. Now I'm on Win 7 and find gaming to be somewhat decent on my Thinkpad R61 with gm 965 chipset graphics A.K.A Intel X3100.

So I thought I'd start this thread to see how others felt, which is better for you. I'm not just asking about my specs but in general how people feel ?

I liked windows 8, I prefer it to 7. Sadly my mobo isn't supported...yet, so I can't install my chipset driver or audio driver. I do have a new GPU...AMD 6790 which there is a beta driver for it. So after a month of testing 8, I was surprisingly pleased with it. As for the gaming aspect, I could not tell if there was a significant difference between each OS as I don't have test rig for side by side comparisons.

I liked windows 8, I prefer it to 7. Sadly my mobo isn't supported...yet, so I can't install my chipset driver or audio driver. I do have a new GPU...AMD 6790 which there is a beta driver for it. So after a month of testing 8, I was surprisingly pleased with it. As for the gaming aspect, I could not tell if there was a significant difference between each OS as I don't have test rig for side by side comparisons.

I see, Well if anyone has good driver support please post your results. If you need comparison you can use FRAPS to see framerates in the games. Please post the frames per second for both versions of windows. Whichever systems is deemed the winning that is what I intend to use.

Back