Windows 7 Windows 7 Warp?

Eagle1Kenobi

I just attempted to install win7 x64 on one of my other systems, an AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz, with 2 sata hds both at 500g and server 2003 on the primary drive working fine (so far) ... unless I use Paragon to make a partition on the main drive .. then I see performance hits in server. It has 4g of ram Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996580 - Desktop Memory and a 9800 GT 512mb vid card, using an asus board: Newegg.com - ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards .

So, system boots from the win7 cd and the expected screen comes up. Thing is all the animation and processes are running at the speed of sound. The animation reminds me a whole lot of running a dos game on a pentium based system without any sort of clock cpu limiting software such as moslo. I installed it on the second of the 2 HDs. It finishes install and gets to where you have to type in a user name and the second you press any key on the keyboard, it repeats ... it's only a question of how many times it repeats). This is making it totally unusable, while server still runs normal. So ... I'm at a loss here?

Last edited:
I am not sure of your actual question, but the boot drive needs to be drive 0. If you are installing Win 7 to Drive 1, it may not work. Can you go into the bios and change the drive order to make the install drive 0?

I am not completely sure this answer is completely correct, so you may want to wait for more input.

This is a dual boot system, Server 2003 is on the main drive, win7 the secondary. The issue was with HPET (High Precision Event Timer) which is a bios setting that also caused issues with vista. A bios update to sept 28 solved it but without adding the option to set hpet in any fashion that I can find. It works now. The only issue I have left is that I lost the OS selection menu after the bios update.

--a reinstall of win7 solved the lack of OS selection and now both work as they should...at least for the time being.

Last edited:
Back