Windows 7 Windows 7 x64 Steam Game Crash

WelshY

When i connect to a server my game will crash Or when i am on server 15-20 min game will crash. this is Random not all the time some time's i can play for hours but most time it crash more than i can play it. game do not crash to desktop it will freeze with loop sound. till i end task.

Any reports of a bug like this or a Fix ? I do not think this is a Card problem as i can play Any other steam game on windows xp

Game crashes on l4d/l4d2/tf2 Get bad lag spikes random on cZero
Things I try
disable multi-core rendering
Ran MemTest All Pass No errors
Updated Directx 9 Runtime SDK
Reinstalled driver's
Rested stock speed's on Cpu

Last edited:
Hi Welshy,
what about your sound driver? I didn't see if you had listed the sound spec but are you running with the latest driver installed?

Hi Welshy,
what about your sound driver? I didn't see if you had listed the sound spec but are you running with the latest driver installed?

Updated all driver also tryed Old releases. sound drivers updated also use headset usb most the time.

Think i have found my problem. Is it possible that a usb can cause a game to crash? Or it's software drivers etc.
As i got a upek fingerprint reader. And I haveinstall upek window 7 software from there website. And my game only crash when it installed.

I need to carry more test on this. By install it too see how often it happen and unstall see if it stops. Just want to hear from you guys on This matter? ?

if you got any other way to test if it is the problem please do say

and if it is Who do I report this To as a bug?
1. Valva as its conflict with games
2. Upek as it there device causeing it
3. windows 7 as its the OS
4. Microsoft as the drivers are sign an in shares with upek on the makeing off the device

Last edited:
I'd report it to the manufacturer of the driver thats causing the problem.. Have you tried running the driver in compatibility mode?

Same Prob

Hello guys,

I know your looking for a solution WelshY as am I. I have the same sorta porblem, I havn't found a fix for it though, Im writing here in the hope that someone may have a fix by now!!??

I replaced nearly every component in my machine, de-clocked and still have the problem, thing is i changed a few things in my machine at one time so havn't got a clue what it could be. The only thing i havn't swapped out is the motherboard but that was a resent upgrade of mine!!! It's causing me a headache as im sure it is you, mine seems to happen on every 3d application though, if im just using my pc for ' normal stuff ' i have no problems!!!!!!! Im also on Windows 7x64 and using a 4870x2 with 9.11 drivers. Any ideas anyone or could someone talk me through how to put a report from my machine on here????

Many Thanks in advance

Hello guys,

I know your looking for a solution WelshY as am I. I have the same sorta porblem, I havn't found a fix for it though, Im writing here in the hope that someone may have a fix by now!!??

I replaced nearly every component in my machine, de-clocked and still have the problem, thing is i changed a few things in my machine at one time so havn't got a clue what it could be. The only thing i havn't swapped out is the motherboard but that was a resent upgrade of mine!!! It's causing me a headache as im sure it is you, mine seems to happen on every 3d application though, if im just using my pc for ' normal stuff ' i have no problems!!!!!!! Im also on Windows 7x64 and using a 4870x2 with 9.11 drivers. Any ideas anyone or could someone talk me through how to put a report from my machine on here????

Many Thanks in advance

My problem is my finger print reader software Or drivers and if i Kill it in task manager before playing game's my game will not crash i have emailed upek and they said to do this before playing game and just restart the program to use it. a littile stupid to do meaning that it not suppose to be doing it nice support team upek got :D

so i just created a littile shortcut .bat file to use when just before gaming

taskkill /f /t /im "psqltray.exe"

Thanks for the reply, i can write that one off then, i dont have a fingure print reader yet. I'ts doing my head in big time, i have raised an rma with overclockers for my mb, allthough its pretty new, its gotta be the only answer, it must have come faulty. If i were to post a system report is it easy to see what the prob is?? Its just that with the sort of crash i have there's no blue screen or anything to suggest why it is happening.

Done this

Thanks Kemical, i have already done 2 types of mem tests. One that works from disc before boot, tested each stick for an hour in diff slots and also a program that ran from windows that ran 4 diff windows testing each stick, both sticks and the left over. No errors are showing atall.

I really don't know what else to to do, knowing my luck i'll send the mobo back and it'll come back non faulty with a charge!!!! sod's law.

Any onther suggestions or anything i can post to help???

edit* I have run that exact test only a few weeks ago, no errors found

Last edited:
Is the bios up to date? See if it needs flashing as sometimes this is all thats required....

I did flash the bios not long after i brought the board, i updated with easy flash to v1202 which is supposed to be the latest, would you suggest flashing again or rolling back??

Cheers

So you've already flashed it to the latest version... Hmm... If this has been happening from the day you got the system or built it then without try to sound like the master of the obvious but you've got either a hardware conflict or software conflict.
Try running in safe-mode if possible and see if it still does it..

That's the first thing that i assumed so swapped pretty much everything over, i swapped the gcar, power supply and processor. Anyhow, without me sounding like a complete idiot, i seem to have fixed the problem. After your suggestion i thought well it couldn't hurt to re-flash the bios anyway, so i did, in doing this i went to the asus site to be sure that i was doing everything ok, my mobo even said i was running v1202, however when i looked at the site for the second time i noticed some warning instructions. MAINLY SAYING DO NOT HAVE YOUR MACHINE OVERCLOCKED WHEN ATTEMPTING TO FLASH THE BIOS. This i hadn't seen before, i de-clocked flashed the bios, overclocked again and have been playing without a problem for 3 hours now. I can't believe the amount of time i have spent only to find it was something that only took a matter of minutes!!!!! Thankyou for your help, BIGTIME

Back
Top Bottom