Windows 7 Windows 7 XP compatability Mode

jimbo45

Hi all
If you want to try out Windows 7 XP compatability mode and can't wait -- don't have technet subscription -- have a look at "The Green devil" site.

I'll leave the seed on overnight. File is around 905 MB. Contains both X-64 and X-86 installs. (English).
If you want other languages you'll have to source it yourselves or wait for a few more days.

Cheers
jimbo

Tried to install a x86 guset on x64 host. Wont let me. Not sure if I'd ever have any use for this as I have a full copy of WMWare. Cant think of any programs that wont run on 7 x64 that will run on XP x64. I'd understand this feature more if I could have a x86 guest.

Anybody know if it supports 3d acceleration? I know WMWare does (poorly).

Another thought.. this is designed for companys who need XP support for their programs but want to have Windows 7? Surely it would be easy and more effiecent to just run XP? I dunno.

Cool idea, I cant see any use for it though. Can anybody else?

*EDIT*

So I ran into another problem hardware assisted virtualization is not enabled saying you need to turn it on in your BIOS. I have an ASUS Rampage formula board and the option was called Vanderpool Technology that had to be turned on, which was off by default. Got it up and running. Meh... its XP

captureshs.png
my.php

Glad you have it up and running. My first thoughts when it finally launched were "How quaint and retro" :)

However, it did solve one of my major headaches which has been haunting me for around 4 years now.

Glad you have it up and running. My first thoughts when it finally launched were "How quaint and retro" :)

However, it did solve one of my major headaches which has been haunting me for around 4 years now.

Can you share the headache ?

The headache, was running my accounts software - ever since I started running Win XP x64 (and subsequently Vista x64 then Win 7 x64) I have not been able to use my accounts packages - they wouldn't even run on Vista x32 :mad:. Tried all the various compatibility modes, but nothing worked - until the Win XP virtual machine. I can now finally retire the 'monster' (as that machine has now become affectionately called). Well done MS!!!!!! :)

The headache, was running my accounts software - ever since I started running Win XP x64 (and subsequently Vista x64 then Win 7 x64) I have not been able to use my accounts packages - they wouldn't even run on Vista x32 :mad:. Tried all the various compatibility modes, but nothing worked - until the Win XP virtual machine. I can now finally retire the 'monster' (as that machine has now become affectionately called). Well done MS!!!!!! :)

Hey good news :)
Well thats a good thing out of a chance situation comes a good result ;)

Back