Windows 7 Windows 7000 window flickers, lose focus

sp00nix

Hello everyone,

I have a fresh install of windows 7 here, and the windows seem to lose focus very quickly then come back. This also makes it difficult to use the menus as it cancels them out (eg. right click, start button) This does not occur when everything is minimized. I had tried disableing all the effects and using down to basic GIU with no luck.

Any ideas?

AMD Athlon X2 5200
2GB DDR800
nVidia 8600GT

UPDATE:

It seems to be when using any explorer windows, or windows update, control panel, ect.

IE is fine.

If any of these are open the symptoms are apparent.

thank you!

thanks ever so much for bothering to post your fix. ive been having the same problem, and it was driving me batty. turns out i had a micro-sd card in the slot. i removed it, and voila!

thanks!!!

Re: thank you!

Hi i have the same problem although i don't have any flash drives or sd cards inserted:S. I keep losing focus on any type windows every 10 seconds or so. It drives me crazy...... Any solutions?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

You may want to start a new thread, but do you know where the focus is going? Do you have the mouse set to "snap to"?

Open TaskManager and watch it for process that jump to the top for CPU cycles when the change in focus occurs.

You may want to start a new thread, but do you know where the focus is going? Do you have the mouse set to "snap to"?

Open TaskManager and watch it for process that jump to the top for CPU cycles when the change in focus occurs.

Thanks for your fast reply, the mouse isn´t set to snap to but i found some procs that start and close to fast to see the name. I will try to get the proc name with some kind of screen recording tool like camtasia. But i don't know if i have time for that tonight.

Jason

Last edited:

Thanks for your fast reply, the mouse isn´t set to snap to but i found some procs that start and close to fast to see the name. I will try to get the proc name with some kind of screen recording tool like camtasia. But i don't know if i have time for that tonight.

Jason

i solved the problem! After finding out that firefox was causing the problem ( internet explorer didn´t have this problem ) i deleted all the add ons and the problem was solved. thanks any way!

Back