Windows 8 Windows 8.1.1 Dual Monitor Problem

VanquishUK

I updated to the update 1 last night and now i have noticed a big problem with my dual monitor setup. I was able to move my mouse across the monitors easily and smoothly before, now since the update you have to move the mouse with a decent amount of force or it will not move to the other monitor at all. I have read on another website someone else is having the same problem but i can not find a solution.
Any ideas ? Thanks

I have a dual monitor setup and I don't have that issue. What type of mouse are you using? What monitors are you using?

I am using a G500s (check in the settings cant find anything) and i am using 2 BenQ RL2450HTs.
Its like the mouse is getting stuck unless i move it really fast :/

Try uninstalling the mouse driver/software and then re-download it and re-install it and see what happens.

Damn...weird. What setting is that from...windows, mouse or monitor?

Hey...at least you've solved it.

Damn...weird. What setting is that from...windows, mouse or monitor?

Hey...at least you've solved it.
That setting it the task bar settings. Right click on the task bar and properties and un-check hit apply and the task bar on the second monitor will disappear then recheck it and hit apply comes back and still works.
Dont know if i will have to do it the next time i reboot but not a big deal.
Thanks for the suggestions at least now you may sort of have a fix for it if anyone else has the problem.

I have yet to download the update on my dual monitor W8.1 HTPC rig and see if I have the same problem. I updated my 10-incher last night and I don't see anything there to be excited about. In fact, I just unpinned the Win Store shortcut from the Taskbar.

By the way, thanks to the OP for posting this.

Your welcome guys and im not sure what it is my friend has more or less the same setup as me and he didnt have the problem at all so im not sure what it is.

Here is another method which has been reported to work if the i suggested does not work for you.

changing the registry value

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\MouseMonitorEscapeSpeed

from it's default value (0 on Win 8.1 Pro build 9600) to 1 and rebooting the "sticky edges bug/feature" seems to be gone.

Back