Windows 8 Windows 8.1 64 bit issues

Irinel Grigoroiu

Hello,last month i made a thread with some issues that I had, thought they were fixed until today :(
Got two BS in a row. :/ could anyone help?
I got a 3rd blue screen right now but the %systemroot%\Minidump file is empty :/ i think it was atikmag.sys error

Attachments

• W7F_07-08-2014.zip
    656.8 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
Hi Irinel,
please make sure your settings are set as this so that dump files will be produced:
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Another reason for no dump file can be no page file or one that's lower than 200mb.

If you can try and wait until you have more than one dump file as that's always better for debugging.

It was set like that since the last time i posed the other blue screen issues. I dont know why there are no dumps

I ran the check disk and both partitions are ok.
I also ran the system file check and it said this
6498464b74.jpg

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    67.4 KB · Views: 257
Code:
2014-08-08 17:05:38, Info                  CSI    00000850 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2014-08-08 17:05:38, Info                  CSI    00000851 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_prncacla.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16384_none_9590ba64d5b91f79\Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB do not match actual file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" :
  Found: {l:32 b:vTbkMkNXpAI/0aHUHbg66gP6s4dVp15LJKpAvCISuuU=} Expected: {l:32 b:n520k714Uu3utHa5JGQ6HQYbZphKhlMWq5pEmfnCDuw=}
2014-08-08 17:05:38, Info                  CSI    00000852 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
The above is from the CBS log.

Similar to the System File Checker is the DISM Tool. This will, if possible, download files to repair missing or corrupt data. Open the admin command prompt and type:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Press enter and await results.

Not really just wait and see if a dump file is produced if you do bsod again. If you do and there is one send it in.

Your very welcome. Don't hesitate to post back if you should need to. :)

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8000e7a12ec, ffffd0002133a740, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+b12ec )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Irinel,
hey we got a dump file this time. As you can see the gpu driver is being blamed for the cause of the crash but the bugcheck could mean that you may have something else going on such as third party software issues, driver issues and possibly faulty RAM.
Checking through the dump file I see you are using the Chrome browser. Please ensure your using the latest version by opening the settings and looking under 'About Google Chrome'.

aswRdr2.sys Thu Jun 26 12:33:28 2014: Avast AV known on occasion to cause the odd issue. Please uninstall to test. Use MSE instead as it's ultra stable:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

dtscsibus.sys Mon Oct 29 09:28:48 2012: Daemon Tools, again a known troublemaker please uninstall to test.

Code:
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

The above means some corrupt data was found held in the memory this might be down to corrupt data or faulty RAM.
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Try and run the test overnight if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Back
Top Bottom