Windows 8 Windows 8.1 can't install from the windows store

syfi777

Hi all,

I am currently having problems installing the windows 8.1 update. I try and install it from the store and all i get is the app saying: This application was not installed - view details. This just then says: windows is getting your 8.1 update ready you will be automatically be promoted to install windows 8.1 soon. its been nearly over a day now. I have installed all updates for the pc.

Please can someone help me, i need to install updates for my windows wireless adapter, this requires and app that i need windows 8.1 to download.

Thank you for all your time.

Hi,
can you post what make and model your machine is and we could perhaps advise you further.

Hi,
not too sure on the model, it was a pre built system from ASUS. Pretty sure that my specs would meet the minimum required. It is like the windows store has frozen. I just cannot update. I have checked for all windows updates and all it says is one important update will be installed next scheduled maintenance.

Thanks for you help.

Find command prompt, right click on it and run as admin. The copy and paste this command and press enter:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The scan can take some time so don't switch off or anything like that.

Okay thank you for your advice.

I will try this when I am at home next.

I will reply with the result of this, thanks.

Sounds good.. Let me know how you get on and if need be we'll run other scans.

Back