Windows 8 Windows 8.1 crashing wfplwfs.sys

Hachetman13

Received this crash with driver verifier running cant tell which drivers responsible heres the report thanks.

Attachments

• Crash Hachetman13.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 532
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {91001, fffff800232bde40, ffffe001f53e6010, ffffe001f53e6098}

Probably caused by : wfplwfs.sys ( wfplwfs!LwfLowerOidRequest+6e )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Hi,
ideally we need to read your actual dump files. This thread will show you what to do to post the required information:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.38837/

Looking at what you've sent I can see that it's possibly network related but I need to read your dump file proper to make a full evaluation.

If you haven't already make sure all drivers are the latest versions. The above dump file is actually blaming a windows file so for now i'd turn the verifier off. Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

If it comes back with corrupt files it's unable to repair then run this command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
This can take some time so be patient. If successful run the above sfc scan again.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {62, ffffe0009e2aab58, ffffe0009e2d0ce0, 1}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys
Probably caused by : mwac.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
I notice your overclocking. Please return to default values until the source of the bsod can be found.

You have a number of different dump files some of which indicate the hard drive sectors may be corrupted, it might possibly be a RAM issue or it's software/driver related. The above for example is blaming Malwarebytes although when using the driver verifier one has to be careful it isn't the verifier thats causing the apps, which otherwise wouldn't crash, to actually crash. Hence my asking for you to turn it off.
As the dump files are somewhat ambiguous let's run a few basic tests as well as updating any drivers that may need it.
Driver wise you don't appear to be in too bad a shape although I notice you do have some updates available on your motherboard support site. Please use all available updates ( especially network):
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3901#driver

CORSGMS.sys Tue Aug 30 11:57:54 2011: Corsair Vengance M90 Gaming mouse. 2011 is way too old for Windows 8.1 and checking the support page I see there is a new download available from 2014:
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-m90-performance-mmo-rts-laser-gaming-mouse

A few dump files were graphics related. Please run this test to check Vram:
http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en

Run a chkdsk (it's fine to run a chkdsk on an SSD). Also is the SSD fully updated firmware wise?

Can you post some information about the actual bsod. When did it start and what usually trips it (like gaming for example) would be really helpful.
See how you get on with the above and please post any new dump files.

Updated the files and both checks came back clean I haven't had a bsod all day today which is new. Usually happens during gaming or gaming on one screen with netflix in the other.
Oh and I believe the disk error was from transferring large files to a 1tb external.

How are things? As you've not posted since the above post can we consider your issue closed (we don't close threads) I just wondered really?

So far so good I know the onboard lan has given me issues so I disabled that and went back to my nic. I had 2 bsod yesterday on random one direct x related I verified directx and lowered my overclock to a known stable clock and played the rest of the day with no issues. Thanks for your help I think the main issue was the stability at 4.6ghz wasn't good.

Much thanks for updating.. Hope all goes well and of course post back if need be.. :)

Back