Windows 8 Windows 8.1 freezes when multitasking

Tezalus

I've recently upgraded my computer with a new motherboard, cpu and ram and chose to install windows 8 over the old windows 7. Then I deleted the old windows files. I used to be able to run many applications at the same time on my old system, for example itunes, firefox and a game, but in Windows 8 it seems impossible to do it without the whole system freezing in an endless loading state. Last time it happened I was updating a game and playing Talisman(which is a low-spec game). I don't know if that's normal but I expected more of a newer Windows and better CPU.

But that's not all. Sometimes it crashes randomly when doing nothing at all. I can leave the computer on and go away for awhile to come back and find out it has recently restarted. I have already disabled some background processes that used to make my HD work at 100% when not running any programs and now it's better but it doesn't seem to be enough. Is there anything I can do to improve performance or should I get used to doing one task at a time?

Specs:

ASUS M5 A97 Motherboard
AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz
HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB RAM
SAMSUNG SATA HD642JJ 640GB

Is your computer generating crash dumps when it reboots? (if not enable mini dumping). If there's dump files in your Windows\Minidump folder post them here to be analyzed.

Back
Top Bottom