Windows 8 Windows 8 problem

jmlee10

Been using Windows 8 since the consumer preview was released with no problems. All of a sudden this morning this message appeared "The license for this pre-released version of Windows has expired. You’ll need to enter a new product key to activate Windows. Until you activate, Windows will restart every 1 hour, so you should back up your data.

Install the latest version of Windows"

It isn't kidding rebooting every hour.

Have you been able to run the Windows Update Utility?
If you are still on the Developers Preview rather than the Consumer Preview, the Developers Preview was set to expire on 3/11/2012 but there was suppose to be a Windows Update that would extend that time by several months.
Open the run dialog box (WinKey + R) and type winver. See attachment

EDIT: KB2671501
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2671501

Attachments

• CpExpires.jpg
    CpExpires.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 658
Last edited by a moderator:
I've checked your attachment and I am running the Consumer Preview Edition due to expire in 2013. I'll try the win update.

Not sure what might be going on.
First of course check your Date / Time / TimeZone within the OS and make sure nothing has accidentally advanced that past the expiry date.
Second as Mike says it might conceivably be a key issue or even an activation issue. Check the Charms Bar (winkey + C)->settings->more pc setting
and see if you see Activate Windows at the top.
And by the way..... welcome to the forum.
Regards
Randy

That's it. Somehow the date was reset to 2075. As Bob Uecker would say "just a little high". Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problem and thanks for posting back and updating your thread with the solution that worked for you.
Thanks again for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy
Sporting goods companies pay me not to endorse their products.
Bob Uecker
Funny guy.

can you upload this file??????????
because my comp not starting windows update..........
help me pliiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssss

Back
Top Bottom