windows 98 question

tourettes

I just installed it on a machine for the hell of it. Problem is the computer is a HP Pavilion a343v and it came with XP so I can't find any drivers on the HP site that are compatible with it. The resolution is super big so is there a stand VGA driver I can get?

Also does anyone know of a good Windows 98 community or site for download in upgrading it to some what of todays standards?

All I need the machine for is internet(Fire Fox 2 already installed), instant message/email and old games like Doom.

Thanks for the help but neither would install. I think I need

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter 5.2.3790.0

But the computer doesn't have internet yet so I have to use my other computer to download. But every google result links me to Microsoft which has to scan my computer to see if I need it, which I don't on this computer.

I just installed it on a machine for the hell of it. Problem is the computer is a HP Pavilion a343v and it came with XP so I can't find any drivers on the HP site that are compatible with it. The resolution is super big so is there a stand VGA driver I can get?

Also does anyone know of a good Windows 98 community or site for download in upgrading it to some what of todays standards?

All I need the machine for is internet(Fire Fox 2 already installed), instant message/email and old games like Doom.

Finding old drivers are a big problem, I ran win ME for a long time and I once bought a $400 scsi controller card and never got to use it becuse the only drivers that were writen for it used XP.

You may want to try this: win 98 device drivers - Google Search

Your best bet is to run Windows 98 in a virtual machine to play games like Doom, etc. It is crazy -- you have this once ultimate OS that the entire world used on their 486 and Pentium machines now in a window on your laptop.

Problem is the computer is a HP Pavilion a343v

I looked all over the internet I could not find a computer with this name is that your exact model number trying to find the specs and hardware for that computer thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom