Windows 7 Windows administrator user account help

blair

Hi i just bought windows home premium for my family i made three user accounts on my computer one for my self and two for my sons. I am pretty good with computers but because windows 7 is a little different i need some help.
Lets get to my Question.

I want to make my kids accounts: be administrators so they can install stuff and do stuff with out always having to ask me.( pulse so they don't bother me)
The Only thing i want to do is limit them so they can change other accounts on the computer like Delete mine or change there brothers password. Also i want them to be able to install stuff but not un-install stuff or make it so they can un-install some programs but some that i install like "Parent control" software or "anti virus" programs they can't.
Can anyone help me?

With xp i use to know how to go into the administrator tools and click on admin accounts i made for my sons and check or uncheck permissions on stuff they could do.

Thanks if you can help me it will be very appreciated.

Blair

You cannot set Parental Controls at all with them as administrators. You must make them standard users.

Sorry it wasn't helpful. A system administrator has the ability to make global changes. Thats why they're called administrators.

I am blocking sites with Trend Micro and. I would make them a stander user but then they can't install stuff and when they connect to the internet it asks for my account password because we are on dsl. If they are admin then it just automatically connects.

I want to make my kids accounts: be administrators so they can install stuff and do stuff with out always having to ask me.( pulse so they don't bother me)

The Only thing i want to do is limit them so they can change other accounts on the computer like Delete mine or change there brothers password.

I can't help you exactly for what you ask. Even with limitations, an administrator account remains powerfull enough to by-pass many restrictions.

Disable access to the control panel:

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel -> Prohibit access to the Control Panel -> Set to "Enabled"

Hide Control Panel items from Control Panel window:

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel -> Hide Specified Control Panel Applets -> Show restricted items -> Add -> Type the item's name in dialog box e.g. Sound, Mouse, System - as they appear in Control Panel

Disable registry editting:

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Prevent Access to Registry Editing Tools -> Set to "Enabled"

Prevent access to the command prompt:

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Prevent access to the command prompt -> Set to "Enabled"

Start menu settings:

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar

Desktop:

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> User Configuration -> Desktop

etc.

gpedit.msc

Link Removed - Invalid URL
Group Policy object editor overview for GPMC: Group Policy

microsoft management console:

Group Policy Management Console (Windows)

Back