Windows 10 Windows asking for license renewal after Fall Creators update

RUDY03

Hello everybody,
I got the Fall Creators update barely a week ago, and ever since then, every time I get into Windows, I have a message saying, "Your Windows license will expire soon". It also has a button that takes me to settings.
It also randomly pops up when I'm working or gaming. Its extremely annoying.
Any solutions please?
I tried looking for some solutions myself, but could only find about a couple people facing the same problem after they got the update.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

What Activate button, sir?
Untitled.png

It seemed to confusing @kemical , but I thank you for your help.
Bump: slmgr /rearm OR slmgr /dlv seemed to solve the problem for a week, but I started getting it once again.
Everytime I'm playing online, writing a document, painting, anything, it just pulls me straight out, and shows me that I need to activate my Windows again.
I'm starting to think going back to a version before the Fall Creators might solve the problem... :( I loved the new graphic effects :(

Bump: slmgr /rearm OR slmgr /dlv seemed to solve the problem for a week, but I started getting it once again.
You could try this:

Run slmgr / rearm again and see if the prompt stops. If it does then run these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

So, I haven't tried your latest suggestion yet, @kemical , but I did the slmgr /rearm again, just after writing my previous post on this thread, and that seemed to solve it, AGAIN. I'm afraid we must wait for some days to pass once again, like last time, to see if it happens again.
Thanks for your valuable support.

@kemical
Sir, this is really getting out of hand now. My PC keeps shutting down by itself after approximately two hours, and I read somewhere, about this happening in someone's PC which also was suffering from a problem similar to mine.
Untitled.png

I got the above from Command Prompt. I believe it has some valuable information. Please check.

Hi Rudy,
looking at what you posted it looks like your copy of windows is a volume license KMS client which requires reactivation every 180 days (although yours is set to reactivate every two hours or 120mins). These are usually used by big organisations, may I ask where you got your copy of windows 10 Pro from?

If the os came with the machine then you need to contact the retailer and get it changed.

You could also try chatting to Microsoft about your issue and you may find that they issue you with a new key but that isn't for certain. This article will help:
Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Last edited:
Hi Rudy,
looking at what you posted it looks like your copy of windows is a volume license KMS client which requires reactivation every 180 days (although yours is set to reactivate every two hours or 120mins). These are usually used by big organisations, may I ask where you got your copy of windows 10 Pro from?

If the os came with the machine then you need to contact the retailer and get it changed.

You could also try chatting to Microsoft about your issue and you may find that they issue you with a new key but that isn't for certain. This article will help:
Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Well I went to the store. I chose my components.
The manager led me to a room with a couple of other guys and disassembled PCs.
They told me to wait.
Then, finally when my turn came, I saw them assembling my PC in front of me. Then the guy pulled out a couple DVDs and Flash drives. He then proceeded to install Windows on my PC. An hour later, I saw myself getting back home. End of story.
I don't have an activation code or anything. And that's the problem. I asked the assembler guy if the Windows was genuine and if I would be getting updates, and he replied positively, saying that all of them were licensed to their firm. I was too excited about getting my first gaming PC to verify anything anymore

Hi Rudy,
you could always contact the firm and explain your situation. If they are anything like decent people they should supply you with one (activation key).
The only trouble is your still going to be left with this copy of Windows which is undesirable at best.

Do you have a copy of Windows 7 or 8/8.1 lying around? The reason i ask is, is because you can still get a free copy of windows 10 (offer ends December 31st if I remember correctly). See my post here:
Yup, this stops on December 31st:
Windows 10 free upgrade still open for some..

It sounds like it may be a generated key. Why do you have Pro anyways. Pro doesn't usually come with most computers.

It sounds like it may be a generated key. Why do you have Pro anyways. Pro doesn't usually come with most computers.
Sounds like it was a dubious store vendor Neem's, did you see Rudy's post #15?

Just looked again yeah KMS is only used in corporate environments and consumers can't get these licenses. Rudy either try and get your money back or buy a legitimate license and type slui 3 at a command prompt and type in your new license

I'd consider this thread closed. A consumer grade pro license will say RETAIL CHANNEL. in the description field. This is not a genuine copy of Windows.

Back