Windows 10 Windows asking for license renewal after Fall Creators update

India and China and others besides tend to deal in illegal copies of Windows. In future Rudy if you want to keep things legitimate, if you have someone build a computer, buy a copy of Windows online from a reputable source. The builder can install Windows without activating it and you can add the key later.

Agreed, it does sound like Rudy was ripped off.

Hopefully Rudy will update us on the final outcome.

Was just wondering about that as the slmgr really shouldn't be showing or using KMS. I'm guessing it's pirated and using the kms proxy hack.

So I realized that the copy of Windows I was given was really, just a pirated one they gave to whoever came to the assembly guys next to the hardware store. Hence, I have made a purchase of a genuine Windows 10 from Microsoft, and am satisfied.
Thank you so much gents, for your valued attention.

I'd consider this thread closed. A consumer grade pro license will say RETAIL CHANNEL. in the description field. This is not a genuine copy of Windows.
So I realized that the copy of Windows I was given was really, just a pirated one they gave to whoever came to the assembly guys next to the hardware store. Hence, I have made a purchase of a genuine Windows 10 from Microsoft, and am satisfied.

Thanks for the update Rudy. We never actually close threads just in case they are needed again. Hope all goes well with the new install and please pop back if any issues arise.

Back
Top Bottom