Windows Blinds Removed Theme; Can't Open Programs

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by isabelfuller, Jun 29, 2014.

1. isabelfuller

isabelfuller New Member

Jun 29, 2014
    I had used windows blinds to put a theme on my computer. it was a safe program and I never heard anything about it. when I uninstalled it, it removed my current theme and the default one. Now, the images of programs have no icons and I can't open anything. Only spotify is working, and I tried shortcuts to open my programs but nothing is working. Normally where the X out button and minimize/maximize buttons are , disappeared and so did the toolbar. I can't click on windows explorer. I shut off my computer and nothing helped, I had to use my phone to post this. any help is needed. thanks.
  2. Pauli

Pauli Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

Mar 1, 2012
    You could try to restore your system. Since you seemingly don't get to Windows properly, do as follows:

Before the Windows splash = "Starting Windows" press F8, that'll take you to to Safe Mode. It may take several tries, because pressing F8 is a rather delicate matter - if you miss it, restart and try again. When you get to Safe Mode, look for Recovery in Control Panel > Open System Restore > Next, then pick an "old enough" point - it may not show many points, but down left there is a choice to "Show more restore points".

Hope this helps. For starters, at least.