Windows 7 Windows Calendar Alternative

ihav0frnds

to my dismay, windows 7 didn't have the calendar. so i am now using mozilla sunbird -- it had no trouble importing my old calendar files. they're in your user folder (local, microsoft, windows calendar). sunbird even syncs up w/ google calendar. i think i'm using this for now, unless there's a better alternative.

Windows Live Calendar

Windows Live Calendar is not a web only application.
You can use both online and offline modes.
This is synchronised throught the network but you can use local only.
I use Windows Live Calendar every day. I connect myself time to time this is a good softwar to spend more time with familly and less with others stuffs.
Gears from google is still experimental.
Another calendar is the works calendar, not synchronised throught internet (you need to backup yourself) but installed on most supermarket computers in france.

that's a web app only tho...i'd rather have something that i can use not online too.

Hmm it shouldn't be? Live Essentials has an online installer, It downloads these apps to a temp dir then deletes them after installation (at least it should :p) but the app should be local not online based.

Hello, I understand that Windows Live Calendar in Windows Live Mail program, but the problem is with your calendar so that we can Vista work in the background and informs me in an appropriate time for a scheduled event, Windows Live Calendar and I need to have running all the time Windows Live Mail program, or else inform me. Familiar with, whether it is ultimately in the final version of Windows 7 will not be integrated Windows Calendar? If this is not stupid on the part of MS, set up the cool thing about Vista, and now it removed?​

The calendar is built into Windows Live Mail, which according to that image, you already have installed.

I don't really use Windows Live Mail, I want Thunderbird for that. It kinda sucks that I would need to launch an email application just to see when my cousin's birthday is. Integration between two programs is fine, but IMO they should be separate programs.

I use the old Microsoft Works Calendar. It came with one of my first computers that had Windows '98 and a Microsoft Works disk. Yes it's about 10-15 years old but it works great and is laid out perfectly for me. I re-install it with every OS installation I do, so it's always on my computer. It has a reminder feature that I use for misc appointments.

I haven't found a calendar yet that tops it.

:)

I use the old Microsoft Works Calendar. It came with one of my first computers that had Windows '98 and a Microsoft Works disk. Yes it's about 10-15 years old but it works great and is laid out perfectly for me. I re-install it with every OS installation I do, so it's always on my computer. It has a reminder feature that I use for misc appointments.

Wait, you're allowed to install it more than once? :p

Yeah, I know what you mean. Those old CDs that used to come with computers really are full of time-tested programs that work well. I've still got Works, and Encarta 2000. lol

I'm just curious, since I haven't used the Works calender program, can you like create multiple color-scheme calenders, subscribe to some online calenders (like US holidays) that it puts into the calender, or whatever? Is it searchable, etc? Because I really don't know and I'm interested to see how it stacks up.

Personally I use Lotus Organiser - have used it from very early on (since Windows 3). You can pick up Lotus Smartsuite for a few pounds these days which gives you the lot - although I personally only ever use the database part (Approach) and Organiser (diary/calendar).

Wait, you're allowed to install it more than once? :p

Yeah, I know what you mean. Those old CDs that used to come with computers really are full of time-tested programs that work well. I've still got Works, and Encarta 2000. lol

I'm just curious, since I haven't used the Works calender program, can you like create multiple color-scheme calenders, subscribe to some online calenders (like US holidays) that it puts into the calender, or whatever? Is it searchable, etc? Because I really don't know and I'm interested to see how it stacks up.

No it doesn't have the bells and whistles you mention, it's just a rock solid basic appointment calendar, with a reminder feature. You can set it to display days, weeks, or months. I keep it on the "months" page as I can see everything I have planned at a glance, and flip to "previous" or "next" month options to view that month's appoinments, which makes it great for long term planning. It's big enough where I can easily see my notes. I keep a shortcut to it on my desktop, so I can access it in just a second or two. It's very convient, and I go nuts without it. Plus I really like the way it's laid out and how it looks on my screen.

I've used that calendar, too, and liked it a lot. Unfortunately, I now have Windows 7, which doesn't have that particular calendar. I still have my Works Suite 2004 disks, but there are 5 of them. How do I know which disk to use and can I install just the calendar?

I guess you'll just have to go thru them one by one. I have all my Microsoft Works stuff on one old disk, and I'm not familiar with what you have.

Back