Windows 7 Windows crashed, now freezes at log-on except when in Safe Mode

mmkay, after doing that stuff, I booted in normal mode and it worked!
It didn't freeze on the welcome screen, and everything seems to be functioning properly.

So I should still look into updating my synaptics driver, and the Realtek HD Audio, I take it.

What was the problem? Something to do with Avira?

I am having the same problem, except I cannot log into my computer after a windows update (no crash). It hangs after log in, but I can boot in safe mode ( + networking).

I found this thread and was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction. I tried doing a system restore which doesn't seem to have worked. Here is my msinfo32 file as instructed earlier in the post. Thanks in advance for any help!

Oh, one more thing. A couple of months ago my Realtek HD Audio built into the mother board stopped working. I currently have the device disabled in the device manager as no driver updates I cuold find fixed the issue.

View attachment msinfo.zip

I can' read this but I will pass this on for you and see what they can. I will have them contact you as soon as they get some information.

Hello,
I am having a similar issue. My computer froze and would not respond to alt + ctrl + dlt. I turned off the computer manually and then when I went to restart it it didn't get past the welcome loading screen. I then tried again going into safe mode and had to leave for work. I'm not sure if it was able to start up in safe mode. I will go home for lunch and see if it went into safe mode then I will post the above information. I am also running windows 7 x64 edition.

Back