Windows 7 Windows Ctrl Alt Del.

pokchop

Windows Ctrl Alt Del.
My taskbar on windows7 is prone to intermittent freezing,I can open programs from the desktop but once they appear I can't proceed any further,even though the mouse works.I can't open the task manager from the taskbar so I have to open it via Ctrl Alt Del,then click on the task manager,as soon as it pops up I can carry on as usual.
Nothing shows up in Event Viewer and I have upgraded My PC with Windows7 upgrade from Vista,( it used to do it in Vista as well) New,CPU,Motherboard,Ram Memory and PSU,I have taken out My Graphics Card.Tried uninstalling and reinstalling programs,but to no effect.
It's driving Me Mad.Any useful suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

1. You may need to reinstall some software and drivers after the upgrade.

2. Control Panel > user accounts > create and try a new account.

3. It is worth going the route of upgrading a fresh installation of vista, i.e. clean install Vista, activate it, do not install any drivers or programs, upgrade to 7.

1. You may need to reinstall some software and drivers after the upgrade.

2. Control Panel > user accounts > create and try a new account.

3. It is worth going the route of upgrading a fresh installation of vista, i.e. clean install Vista, activate it, do not install any drivers or programs, upgrade to 7.
I had windows7 32 bit running on my old mobo and when I clean installed with the new one I put Win7 64 bit on.
I did not use the easy transfer option, I just copied all My Docs etc to an external HD and reinstalled them after the setup.

Everything seems to be working fine on all aspects of My PC except for this niggling little fault

Back
Top Bottom