Windows 7 Windows doesnt start - DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

infifi

i was using windows vista and then i installed windows 7 on a diferent partition.
now windows 7 was on drive C and vista on E.
today i decided to delete the vista partition and after doing that (with paragon partition manager) i got the "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER".
i used the paragon recovery cd and undeleated the pertition, i tried all the option in the "boot corector wizard": "correct boot.ini files", "correct BCD files".... and nothing helped.

how can i fix this problem? i dont want to reinstall the windows..

thanks.

i was using windows vista and then i installed windows 7 on a diferent partition.
today i decided to delete the vista partition and after doing that (with paragon partition manager) i got the \\\"DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER\\\".
i used the paragon recovery cd and undeleated the pertition, i tried all the option in the \\\"boot corector wizard\\\": \\\"correct boot.ini files\\\", \\\"correct BCD files\\\".... and nothing helped.

thanks.

A startup repair from the system disk using the "repair my system" option on the first screen or download a startup disk from neosmart should get you back into windows ?

what has most likely happened here is that your windows 7 install added itself to your Vista boot manager files then you removed them when you deleted and or formatted that drive :eek:

thank u very much.
startup repair really fixed the problem.

now that it works.. how do i delete the vista partition without causing boot problems?

thanks.

thank u very much.
startup repair really fixed the problem.

now that it works.. how do i delete the vista partition without causing boot problems?

thanks.

well you deleted the vista partition so the boot files should now be written to C: ?

have a look in disk management and see which drive is listed as system, boot ?

type bcdedit into an elevated cmd prompt to check where your boot loader is ?

In theory there can't be anything on the deleted old vista partition now ?

you should be able to simply merge it using disk management ?

i didn't really understand what ti do..

in the disk management it says: c is boot and e(vista partition) is system.

bcdedit says:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\***>bcdedit

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {bootmgr}
device partition=E:
path \bootmgr
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {globalsettings}
default {current}
resumeobject {d266b612-d68e-11de-94c8-92221fc05042}
displayorder {current}
{9c950031-61dd-11dd-8408-e94a263881a5}
{d266b616-d68e-11de-94c8-92221fc05042}
toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}
timeout 1

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {current}
device partition=C:
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description Windows 7
locale en-US
inherit {bootloadersettings}
recoverysequence {d266b614-d68e-11de-94c8-92221fc05042}
recoveryenabled Yes
osdevice partition=C:
systemroot \Windows
resumeobject {d266b612-d68e-11de-94c8-92221fc05042}
nx OptIn

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {9c950031-61dd-11dd-8408-e94a263881a5}
device partition=E:
description Microsoft Windows Vista
locale en-US
inherit {bootloadersettings}
osdevice partition=E:
systemroot \Windows
resumeobject {9c950032-61dd-11dd-8408-e94a263881a5}
nx OptIn

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {d266b616-d68e-11de-94c8-92221fc05042}
device partition=G:
description Windows 7 Ultimate (recovered)
locale en-US
osdevice partition=G:
systemroot \Windows

and the old vista partition still has the vista on it..

what do i do next?
thank you.

today i decided to delete the vista partition and after doing that (with paragon partition manager) i got the "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER".
i used the paragon recovery cd and undeleated the pertition, i tried all the option in the "boot corector wizard": "correct boot.ini files", "correct BCD files".... and nothing helped.

thanks.

so what was it your deleted here ?

i deleted E (vista), and after i didn't manage to boot i undeleted it with paragon recovery cd.
now i want to delete it again.

i deleted E (vista), and after i didn't manage to boot i undeleted it with paragon recovery cd.
now i want to delete it again.

can you please post a screenshot of disk management ?

In theory there is no reason why you shouldn't copy all of the boot files (bootmgr, bootsect.bak and boot-directory’s files) from E: onto C: then right click and make C: the (system,active,boot) partition ?

>> Link Removed due to 404 Error << walks you through it ?

once you have your bootloader on the same drive C: as your windows 7 OS then you should be able to remove vista drive E: :cool:

Last edited:
To put the boot files on the Win 7 partition, you can use the bcdboot command. If C: is your Win 7 install, open an administrative command window and type the following followed by enter:

bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:

This will put the boot files on the Win 7 partition. Then make that partition active and reboot. It should boot back into Win 7 using its own partition.

If something goes wrong, make the Vista partition active again and you will be back where you started.

I just saw someone that changed the booting partition and for some reason got a "Windows Not Genuine" message. I do not know the details yet, but let us know how it goes.

Glad it worked. I think the other poster I was watching had some other issues.

Back
Top Bottom